Parallels *do the right thing*

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by iaugustleo, Feb 5, 2010.

1. iaugustleo

iaugustleo Bit poster

This is a special thread for the Parallels Team. I couldn't find a customer support topic in the forum so I decided to create my own where it will be noticed and hopefully someone will help me. The customer support system that is currently in place has been less than helpful.

On Nov. 3, 2009 I purchased the Parallels Desktop 4.0 software. I received academic pricing at $39.99 and paid via credit card (MC). Unannounced to me was that the 5.0 upgrade launched the following day. Not only did I "not" receive an invoice for my order, but I was also never notified of the 5.0 upgrade, and how current users who purchased the product after Oct. 1, 2009 would be able to upgrade for free until Jan. 15, 2010. Well, I barely missed that date. But as soon as I found out that the 5.0 version launched the day after my purchase, I contacted customer support. They wanted me to attach a copy of my invoice to prove my purchase. I never received an invoice! I decided to do one better. I attached my product key for the software, my registration confirmation, account validation, and credit card statement; everything complete with the merchant info (EACADEMYINC), confirmation (#6135263005), date account drafted (Nov. 4, 2009), down to the very MasterCard I used (****2321). I waited and the only response I got was that I needed to attach the invoice. I already established I never received one! If what I provided isn't proof enough, I'm speechless. I've done everything by the book. It comes down to this: I purchased the Parallels Desktop version 4.0 software legitimately on Nov, 3, 2009. The following day the 5.0 version is released. I shouldn't have to jump through hurdles just to get an upgrade that should rightfully be accessible to me. What happened to merchant and consumer loyalty? A company that literally risks nothing in order to satisfy a customer of what is rightfully theirs, is a company that is built on great principles and of the highest integrity. Instead, they risk losing business for the sake of being stingy because somehow it's implied that I'm trying to pull one over on them. Below is a measure of my correspondences. Please don't lecture me on where I should post this, or what I should keep to myself. Close the thread, revoke my account, or turn this into a smooth cover-up; I don't care. I will say what is right and stick up for those that get walked on my corporate juggernauts. Parallels Team, please do the right thing and return your company to the sound principles and high integrity expected, which serve the people that serve your business.

Respectfully,

Edward Morgan
    iaugustleo@me.com

Hello Kamala,

Thank you for your response but I already replied with very detailed verification of my purchase, and I have since been awaiting a resolution. I bought Parallels Desktop 4.0 on Nov. 3rd, 2009 via the company website. I purchased it at academic pricing for $39.99. I've never received an invoice after my purchase. In fact, since my purchase I have only received two emails from your company. One, read in the subject line "Parallels Email Verification," which notified me that my account with Parallels was created. The second, read "Parallels Product Registration," which informed me that my activation key had been registered. Both these emails were received same day of purchase, on Nov. 3, 2009. I was also never informed that there was an upgrade to the software (version 5.0). And because I was never notified I obviously didn't get the opportunity for the free upgrade, which expired Jan.15, 2010. This brings us to my request for that opportunity, after all, the 5.0 upgrade launched the very next day after my purchase. I have everything from my product key, proof of registration, and credit card statement. All of which were attached in my last email. Your records should also reflect that my history with your company was established on the date of purchase, Nov. 3rd, 2009. It was the same day my account was created, as well as when I registered the product. My account was drafted $39.99 the following day, credit card ending ***2321, by EACADEMYINC, confirmation #6135263005. If that's not proof, I don't know what proof is. Below is a copy of my original reply, which I have yet to hear back on. I have also reattached the verification documents. I am not trying to scam anybody. If I wanted the Parallels Desktop software that bad I could just peer2peer the latest version off Limewire or Piratebay. I chose to go directly to your company because I don't believe in pirating software, plus I support companies that create great products. However, I now feel like a less valued customer, literally pleading for your company to do what's right and come up with a resolution. Please help me.

Subject: Re: [Parallels #864687] 4.0 to 5.0 Upgrade
    Date: February 4, 2010 3:24:45 PM EST
    To: reply_to@support.parallels.com

The following is the product key that I was given with my purchase of the Parallels Desktop 4.0 software on November 3, 2009:

******-******-******-KGRB3X-52MA6W

Attached is the product registration email from Parallels confirming that the Parallels Desktop 4.0 software was successfully registered, as can also be confirmed through looking at my Parallels "My Account", which I assume you have access to. My username is iaugustleo@me.com.

Finally, I also attached my credit card statement in a pdf highlighting the card I used, date of transaction, merchant info, confirmation #, and the price I purchased it for. The price reflects $39.99 because I am a student and received the academic pricing. Also note that the payment posted on Nov. 4th, 2009 which is also the date that the Parallels Desktop 5.0 version launched.

I just respectfully request that I be allowed access to upgrade from the 4.0 to the new 5.0 version of the Parallels Desktop software, especially considering that the 5.0 version launched the following day after my purchase.

Edward
    iaugustleo@me.com

On Feb 5, 2010, at 10:08 PM, Kamala Natarajan, Parallels wrote:

Hello Edward,

Thanks for your reply.

Please provide us the invoice which acts as a proof of purchase for Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
    --
    Kamala Natarajan
    Customer Support Engineer
    Parallels

Knowledge Base http://kb.parallels.com

2. iaugustleo

iaugustleo Bit poster

This Is The Response I Get...

The Parallels Team has responded and this is what they said:

Are you serious? Is the Parallels Customer support even reading my replies? Like actual written words in English? How many times must I reiterate that I never received an invoice with my order. I have provided plenty of documentation that confirms my purchase on Nov. 3, 2009. Hell, I've provided my product key, registration info, account verification, and credit card statement. Why doesn't the company have this info themselves? I'm sure they can look and see that my account was created on Nov. 3, 2009, and that I registered my product key that very same day, as well as made payment, which drafted on the 4th of Nov. All I am asking for is access to upgrade my copy of Parallels Desktop from version 4.0 to 5.0. That's absolutely it! Doesn't cost the company a dime, and they get to do what's right and take care of their customers. I don't understand why customer support keeps repeating themselves. Are they not trained to actually "read" the emails and trouble tickets when customers are having problems. I regret ever sending this company any money. After all, their success as a company is attributed to the consumer.

3. jchapman9

jchapman9 Member

Your invoice probably came in an email from Element 5, not Parallels.