Multiple networks problem: Parallels 5, Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RodneyW, Jan 27, 2010.

1. RodneyW

RodneyW Junior Member

Parallels build 5.0.9310, Windows 7 Ultimate with all updates, MacOS 10.6.2.

I just installed a new Windows 7 VM, and everything worked as advertised. However, when I boot the VM it doesn't see my home network. If I go to the Network and Sharing Center in Windows 7, it shows my VM connected to two networks, my home network and a public network (see attached image). The adapter is configured in Parallels for shared networking.

I can't find a way to disable or delete the public network. However, if I disable and then enable the network adapter in Windows 7, only my home network appears (with no further action required on my part) and everything works fine until I restart the VM. Once the network is configured correctly, I can't find a reference to the public network anywhere.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. enkaytee

enkaytee Junior Member

The same for me...

I have been suffering with this since the last Parallels update. The only way I've found to fix it is to reinstall parallels tools into the VM, though this is only temporary. I saw another thread about the problem a few weeks ago, and the poster was advised to raise a support ticket. I tried to do this, but for some reason can't get past the initial screen - it won't accept my support number...