Coherence Mode: Syncing Windows and OSX Backgrounds

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by endlessbender, Jan 11, 2007.

1. endlessbender

endlessbender Member

This is a minor issue.

Coherence and build 3106 works very well on my system (Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 with 2gb RAM).

My question is if anyone has figured out how to sync the backgrounds exactly between XP and OSX so when dragging around XP applications, there is no discrepancy between the backgrounds. In my situation, I believe it stems from the coherence XP display setting being slightly less than the OSX display resolution, thereby shrinking the background and causing a parallax.

I can set the backrgrounds to identical colors, but I like to have a nice graphic or photo in the background like most people.

Has anyone figured out a solution? Again, this is a really small issue.

Thanks!

2. chrisdressler

chrisdressler Junior Member

I Don't Really See It Anymore

I'm currently running build 3120 (RC1) with Windows XP SP2 in a VM (no Boot Camp) and as fast as I try to move the windows around while in Coherence, I never see the XP desktop background, I only see my Mac background. I really used to notice this a lot with earlier betas, but I can't see it at all any more.

I'm running a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo so maybe the video card is fast enough that I don't see that--not sure.

3. endlessbender

endlessbender Member

I upgraded to 3120 and still have the same problem. Anyone have any ideas? Is the video card in the Intel Core Duo 17" MBP different from the one in the Core Duo 2 17" MBP?