Flash Drive woes and moving large files

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by David1966, Jan 22, 2007.

1. David1966

David1966 Junior Member

I have read the threads on the problems with flash drives and other USB storage devices and I am having the same problems. My challenge is that I need to move a rather large folder (875mb) to XP/Parallels VM in order to run an AutoCad andon software. I have tried my USB 2.0 100GB Seagate HD, my USB 2.0 5GB Seagate HD and a USB 1.0 1GB flash drive. I am running 3120 on a 24" iMac and a 20GB partition for parallels.

Is there another way to move a file over to the VM. I guess that I could put it on my Mac desktop and try to pull it from one side to the other. Can that be done with Coherence? I am really new at this so I apologize for sounding so lost. Any help would be appreciated.

David

2. The Duelist

The Duelist Member

If You Are Running WinXP VM from BootCamp, You Could Just Put The Files On Your Windows C: Drive.

Hope This Helps
    The Duelist

3. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Let OS X attach the drive that has the files. Make sure the VM is not trying to attach it. Copy the files on the disk to the shared folder that the VM is using. If you don't have a shared folder then create one. Don't forget that Windows is not the only OS you have running - let it do as much work as possible.

4. dmgwork

dmgwork Member

using os x is faster

copy to os x then drag. if you use the usb flash on the parallels, it seems very slow

5. David1966

David1966 Junior Member

DKP and DMG, thanks for the suggestions, I will try to get them to work. I'll let you know if they do.