Out of System Resources or Memory Error Since Installing 9344

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PeterO, Mar 10, 2010.

1. PeterO

PeterO Junior Member

Hi, I'm using Outlook in WinXP and since installing the 9344 update I can't open any .pst files in a shared folder. I get an "Out of System Resources or Memory" error. I've tried rebooting, restarting WinXP, reinstalling tools, reconnecting and mapping the shared drives, and nothing seems to work. I can see and browse and open files on my shared folders, but Outlook can't open them. If I copy the .pst files over to my c:/ drive, no problems opening them.
    Any suggestions or advice?
    Cheers,
    Peter O.

2. fmotta

fmotta Bit poster

Same here.
    Unable to open .pst files in a shared folder.
    Reverted to 9310 and everything is working flawlessly again

3. StephaneA

StephaneA Bit poster

Same issue for me

This is an URGENT problem. I need to access my .pst files from Outlook. (XP SP3 and Outlook 2007).

4. PeterO

PeterO Junior Member

fmotta, how did you revert? I can reinstall the older version, but then what do you do about rolling back tools?
    Cheers,
    Peter O.

5. PeterO

PeterO Junior Member

Parallels, this seems to be a common issue. Are you aware of the problem, have you been able to reproduce it, and do you have a fix or ETA for one?
    Peter O.

6. GennadyD

GennadyD Junior Member

Please advise how I can revert back to the previous version. I am so sorry I ran the update. Next time will look at forums first :(

7. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

Dear All,

I was just about to hit the button to upgrade and thought I'd read through this forum first... Given I have .pst files I'm very concerned as well. However, I have Windows 7 and 2007 office. DO you tink this is affecting only Xp?

I assume someone has logged a support case to Parallels for this? I'll log another one in case not

Regards
    Kevin.

8. jst

jst Bit poster

I have the same error

I have the same problem. After upgrading I cannot open Outlook .pst files from a shared folder on the Mac side, from windows xp.

The only workaround is to copy your .pst files onto the c:\ windows drive. Then they open just fine.
    Where can I download the the previous version of parallels??

--JST

9. jst

jst Bit poster

How do I revert to previous version? Where can you download it?

10. GennadyD

GennadyD Junior Member

I am having issue with Windows 7 and Outlook 2010 so the problem is not XP-specific. Interestingly, the problem with access from OL only. I can access the files in shared folders with other applications. Yes, I will definitely be more cautious with upgrades next time. To me it is quite an obvious use case and should be a part of regression test. Frustrating since I really like the product - seems like Parallels has problems with the testing process.

11. PeterO

PeterO Junior Member

Let me get this right..... Outlook - the most popular email program - is broken on the latest version of Parallels, and no one from Parallels has taken the time to respond to this issue. Shameful!
    Peter O.

12. GennadyD

GennadyD Junior Member

I opened the support case and included link to to this thread - no response yet.
    I also copied my pst files to C: and it works but cannot accept it as permanent workaround.
    I am not sure but seems the network connection has become slower too - could anyone confirm?
    I agree that Parallels support could be more responsive and at least communicate that they are aware of the issue and working on it. If they were a car company it would be a "recall" case ...

13. fmotta

fmotta Bit poster

Reverting

Sorry for being late.
    You can revert quite simply.
    Reinstall the older Paralllels version and the first time you start up your Windoiws VM the old Parallels Tools will be reinstalled.
    This is what happened to me.
    But I'm using Windows 7 not XP.
    Ciao.

14. dtidmore

dtidmore Member

Got the same issue

I have spent the last day chasing this problem thinking that I had to have somehow gotten Outlook corrupted (it does happen). I did not think about the fact that I had updated Parallels to 9344. This is horrible! I need my .pst outside of the vm drives so that time machine can back it up without having to do an entire multi-GB virtual drive. This is what happens when code is released without a good cross section beta test cycle.

david

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  15. GennadyD

GennadyD Junior Member

16. PeterO

PeterO Junior Member

Downgraded to 9308 (thanks GennadyD) and Outlook 2007 is working again.

I expect a lot of people have wasted a lot of time dealing with this issue, and I'm disappointed Parallels doesn't have the common courtesy to acknowledge the problem on this Forum and advise customers as to when a fix might be expected and interim measures.

Peter O.

17. dtidmore

dtidmore Member

Thanks!

GennadyD,
    Thanks for the link. I somehow had deleted my v9310 dmg and was about to fall back to v9220 which I still had. Sure took a long time for Parallel Tools to install on the rollback, but once done, Outlook was once again happy with the pst residing in a shared folder on the Mac side where Time Machine works its magic. Hopefully, Parallels will get this issue fixed pronto.

david

18. StephaneA

StephaneA Bit poster

Strange behaviors (not just in Outlook)

Like I said previously, I have an issue with Outlook. But I have a strange issue with BEA Workspace 10.2 since I upgrade: when I open Workspace, the projects list is empty. I need to re-import my projects each time I open Workspace.

Hey Parallels: this is a _scary_ problem. Please process it as a P1 issue! Reverting back to previous version is not an acceptable solution.

19. phesopheon

phesopheon Member

It is almost appalling that Parallels has not responded to this. I am downgrading now.

20. JeanVis

JeanVis Junior Member

+1. Exteeeeeeeeeeeeemely annoying!!! Please fix this very quickly Parallels, I can't do without my .pst files!! I know about the work around of putting the .pst files in Windows, but in that case Time Machine does not back up my files. And yes, I know I can choose to back up my entire virtual machine, but that is not an option.

If a quick fix is not possible, please provide a link to the previous version of Parallels. The 9308 version had stability issues in my case, while the previous one was ok.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010