Dissapearing mouse -- Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Metrowest, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Metrowest

Metrowest Junior Member

Community,

I run Windows 7 on a recent MacBook pro with 8Gig and 3G/1 processor devoted to Windows 7 w/ Parallels Tools installed. I usually run in a window and not Coherence or Crystal.

At random (and often) intervals, the mouse dissapears when typing and then cannot be used in the VM window, but can be seen outside it -- it disappears as it moves into the VM. I have seen this when typing e-mails in outlook and when in a dialog box from other software.

This problem goes away and then comes back -- but when it is there it drives you crazy -- the VM is unusable. I searched google and these forums and could not come up with a solution except re-install parallels tools which I have done about 5 times and enabling Hyperadvisor which makes no difference.

I cannot be the only one with this problem -- what is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

G

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

What is your Mouse setting in the VM configuration?

3. Metrowest

Metrowest Junior Member

It is default -- I haven't changed anything in either windows or parallels. Are you asking about Windows mouse settings or Parallels mouse settings?

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

The virtual machine's mouse settings. Try all of them (you can only change the mouse settings when the VM is not running - that means, Parallels must be running, but the VM must be shut down).