Coherence + Graphics Issue in 9344

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JordanaS, Mar 16, 2010.

1. JordanaS

JordanaS Bit poster

I just upgraded to version 9344 with Parallels 5. I'm running it on a MacBook Pro.

I can no longer switch to coherence mode.

I can't run newer games (Re: Lord of the Rings Online), but can start older games, like FFXI, but the graphics will be pixelated and fuzzy.

I can't run any of projects in Microsoft Visual Studio, they suffer the same fate as FFXI.

How do I downgrade to the previous build without losing anything on my VM? It would be a hassle for me to have to reinstall windows and microsoft visual studio in the middle of the semester.

Any suggestions or fixes?

2. GiampaoloS

GiampaoloS Member

3. JordanaS

JordanaS Bit poster

Thank you.

One question however, will I lose all my work/installations?

4. JordanaS

JordanaS Bit poster

I downgraded versions. My graphics are fine!

However, I still can't run in Coherence mode. >< I'm running parallels version 9308 on a MacBook Pro. Any other ideas?

5. GiampaoloS

GiampaoloS Member

As far as I know, in that build is quite stable. Try to do a complete uninstall of Parallels (there is a post somewhere which instructs on how COMPLETELY remove parallels (with prefs, settings, etc.), of course, just preserve your VM image.

6. speelurker

speelurker Member

I've got the same problem. I uninstalled a software package in my VM and on reboot the Parallels Video Adapter driver won't load. No matter what I do, it fails to start with a "Code 10".

This happened before upgrading to 9344. I upgraded hoping it would resolve the issue but no such luck.