CorelDraw File Corruption with 9344 update

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Robert Firth, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Robert Firth

Robert Firth Bit poster

WARNING: after latest 9344 update, saving to MAC side folder in CorelDraw X4 appears to corrupt file and make it unable to be reopened in Corel. Saving to WIndows folder, and then dragging across to MAC does not seem to cause problem. Note folder sharing issue in other posts with Eudora and Outloook losing emails saved to MAC OS side. Checking other windows programs now for problems.

2. Tasty10

Tasty10 Bit poster

Same on my maschine.

3. GiampaoloS

GiampaoloS Member

this build is bringing so many problems...

so far:
    1) File corruptions
    2) Shared network not working
    3) Shared folders not getting files correctly
    4) Outlook 2007 doesn't read PST
    5) Graphic Issues...

WOW!

4. AlfredoR

AlfredoR Bit poster

WTF This App just killed my whole career

I cant open my outlook and run exe apps im a consultant and now i cant get any of my client information. how to I down grade from the previous patch?

i have time machine backing up my parallels how can i revert back?

5. jimbobble

jimbobble Bit poster

Same problem with Corel Draw 12

I've had the same problem, everything that I have saved since the update I am now unable to open. One file consists of several weeks reports which I now cannot access and will cause me days of work alone.
    Does anyone know anyway of accessing these files? Is Parallels aware of this problem and are they doing anything about it? And as Alfredo said, can we revert back to the previous patch?

6. Matthew Bourne

Matthew Bourne Bit poster

I've also lost quite a lot of files and hours of work with this issue, it's not really acceptable to launch an update with such damaging issues. Has anyone heard if Parallels are fixing the problem?

7. Thomas Böttiger

Thomas Böttiger Bit poster

Same happens to me after installing 5.0. 9344 my Framemaker files cannot be saved to the Mac volume. I filed a report but haven't heard anything. Perhaps quality testing was on vacation when they released it. 5.0.9220 works alright for me. A pity I do not find older updates on the server.
    Anyone got a link to 5.0.9310, which was working?

8. Robert Firth

Robert Firth Bit poster

Parallels Emailed Me Question

FYI: got an email from Parallels tech person yesterday asking for more details on file-corruption issue (when saving file from XP into MAC OS in CorelDraw) -- replied with full details. No further response, but they obviously know about this. I agree with person above: an update should not be capable of causing as severe a problem as file corruption (and mentioned that in my email back to Parallels tech person).

9. StephenM

StephenM Bit poster

I tried to help, but my message didn't get posted

I tried to help AlfredoR by posting instructions about how to revert to an earlier version (which fixed the problem for me), but my post did not appear in the thread. I can be reached at stephen@musanim.com ...

10. Ari Korhonen

Ari Korhonen Bit poster

Here is the same problem. Fortunately, Corer makes backups by renaming the file. The rename goes ok. However, the saved file is corrupted.

Is it safe to just install Parallels anew? Or, is there another way to downgrade the product to the previous version?

11. Thomas Böttiger

Thomas Böttiger Bit poster

If you have kept an older version (e.g. 5.0.9220), you may uninstall the Parallels Tools in your VM, then shut it down, open the older version, uninstall the 5.0.9344, then install the older version again. As soon as the VM is started, the required Parallels Tools are installed automatically. A pain, but it helps.
    The only problem is, that there seems to be no repository for older versions on the Parallels server.

12. StephenM

StephenM Bit poster

On the forum thread "TIF files cannot be opened by applications on Host computer" I've posted links to a couple of .dmg files for previous versions (for those who want to revert).

13. AlfredoR

AlfredoR Bit poster

I got your message

you sent it to my private message.

Thanks I just did a time machine and reverted to monday. lost 4 days of work but was better than nothing at the time.

here is the information you shared with me hopes it helps someone

14. KlemensF

KlemensF Bit poster

I just want to say thanks!

I just (2 days ago) bought Parallels to use Corel on my Mac. You can imagine how "unhappy" I was when this error occured. But reinstalling an older version worked perfectly.

Greetings,
    Klemens

15. hschneider

hschneider Pro

Got a customer with the same problem. It happens with Corel 11, 12, X3, X4 and X5. Alle saved files get corrupted no matter if saved to internal or external drives. This is pretty URGENT !

-- Harald

16. hschneider

hschneider Pro

Can someone pls post the download link to the pre-9344 builds in german language ?

-- Harald

17. Matthew Bourne

Matthew Bourne Bit poster

18. I-che

I-che Pro

hi,
    Parallels is aware of these issues. Cannot give exact time for fix; Parallels is working on this.

19. I-che

I-che Pro

20. David Rootman

David Rootman Junior Member

Hi, I followed the link and downloaded. Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to apply.