Parallels 5 -- 9344 update

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AlfredoR, Mar 22, 2010.

1. AlfredoR

AlfredoR Bit poster

I installed this Update on 3/18/2010 and have had nothing but problems. (Cant access large files on Share drives/corrupted file errors, unable to execute exe files)

I had to restore my mac to a 4 day old backup to recover my VM image.

I dont understand how a patch like this be released. it is more than obvious to me that no testing was done done on it and I cant see how a company that values there customers have not issued a fix or patch to fix this issue.

I guess I will be going to VMWare soon.

Sad.

2. hmolen

hmolen Member

If you like BSOD's then fine go ahead.
    This little glitch of Parallels can never be a reason to move to something very unrelaiable.
    Even Version 3 sucks big time.
    Have fun if you move over.

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

hmolen,

I don't agree. Fusion is pretty good for standard productivity work (Office etc) if not as fast as Parallels. It's just really bad with games.

4. LUKES

LUKES Junior Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the latest version of Parallels 5.
    I just came over from Fusion 3.01 :-( and installed Parallels 5.9344. I have experienced zero problems with Parallels, and find it somewhat faster than Fusion.

I should comment that I never had an earlier version of Parallels 5 on my machine, so I am wondering if you might have experienced some problem when you upgraded to 9344 ? ? ?

Good luck.

5. LUKES

LUKES Junior Member

Assume you upgraded to 9344 from an older version of Parallels 5 ?

6. phesopheon

phesopheon Member

Lukes, do you have any problem accessing (especially writing to) very large files in shared folders? (Be sure to make a backup before you test this). This seems (to me) to be the common thread in all the failures people are having (me included). But I think we were all people who upgraded.

Paul

7. lbdl

lbdl Junior Member

glitch ? that's a bug, if you use this software to play games fine, if you use it to code for a differeing OS using Mac that's a major issue, as is the sporadic internet connectivity issue thats my 2p

8. LUKES

LUKES Junior Member

Possibly that is why I have not seen a problem.

No, I do not share between Windows 7 and Mac OSX 10.6.2.
    I selected "isolate" in the options sections, as I have no need to share files.

9. I-che

I-che Pro

10. AlfredoR

AlfredoR Bit poster

I will look into the KB and try it when I go on vacation

Please dont get me wrong I Love Parallels, I have had version 3, 4 & 5. But when you lose the ability to access files on a network and it stops your ability to work, and you have to restore your whole machine from a 3 day old back up. You lose love fast.

I hope this KB Works . but I will need to do it when Im not engaged at work as I can not lose time reinstalling. Ill let you know how it goes.