Bluetooth issues PD 5 Winxp sp3

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SuperDave, Jan 20, 2010.

1. SuperDave

SuperDave Bit poster

I can't get bluetooth to work on winxp sp3 (parallels 5, macbook pro).

Please help.

thanks

2. BernhardB

BernhardB Hunter

I am having this question too. Cannot find "Bluetooth" in the documentation.

And this question is unanswered for months now...

3. Dave Spackman

Dave Spackman Parallels Team

Buetooth and WinXP

SuperDave,

Not sure which devices you are using, but if it's a wireless keyboard/mouse, windows will not need to detect
    these devices. As long as Parallels Tools are installed in the guest VM, (Always install Parallels Tools) then WinXP just borrows them from the Mac host.

If you are trying to have a bluetooth device recognized natively within the Windows guest VM, then please refer
    to the following knowledge Base article to set it up. http://kb.parallels.com/en/5962

Hope this helps.

-David

4. BernhardB

BernhardB Hunter

Currently, I can only add that I wanted to pair a Sony Ericsson Yari cell phone to an VM.

The idea here was that this cell phone is fully supported under Windows, but only partially/poorly on Max OS X iSync where several sync problems are caused.

However, it I would need to test it first (and this project is currently postponed.)

If someone also tried to pair a bluetooth cell phone, please let me know whether you got it to work.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  5. tdehnke

tdehnke Bit poster

I tried following the steps above.. still can not get bluetooth to work at all. Mac gives bluetooth over to PC.. PC doesn't see it and Parallels can't give it back - it just disappears

6. AmauryV

AmauryV Member

same issue here. it always functioned with no problem, but since a cpl weeks, when i select Devices\Apple USB Bluetooth Controller, it not only does NOT enable bluetooth on WinXP but it also does NOT give bluetooth back to Mac OS.

7. tdehnke

tdehnke Bit poster

Sorry, I should add as well, this is under both XP and Win7

8. AmauryV

AmauryV Member

i guess it has to do with Snow Leopard 10.6.4.

9. AI_Robots

AI_Robots Bit poster

PD Fails Using Internal 2.1/2.0 BT Hardware

AmauryV: BTW My name is Amauri... PD fails when you use the Internal BT hardware on the MAC under OSX 10.6.4. However, it works when you use an external Dongle. I agree with you that this is a MAC OSX 10.6 problem. I have several posts on the Apple Mac Forums on the BT unresolved issue. If I use external BT hardware, it functions as advertised in Windows (any of them) but runs 1/10 speed (if at all) under Mac OSX. So I did get a Targus Dongle tun under PD Desktop with XP. But the minute you try the internal Apple BT Hardware, it goes away and only a reboot gets the Internal BT working again on the Mac side. After lots of experimentation cross platforms and OS, I concur with you that there is a Mac OSX 10.6.4 problem handling BT...

10. AmauryV

AmauryV Member

hi Amauri, i am from Brazil. are you from Latin America as well, or Belgium, or France?
    ty for your detailed answer, i guess i'll synchronize vi USB for some time untill the issue is solved.

11. tdehnke

tdehnke Bit poster

Still having this issue with Parallels 6 and 10.6.5 - I wish Parallels would help us fix this.