USB controller

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Swig, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Swig

Swig Bit poster

USB contoller already in use by MAC OS

OK so i installed a flight simulator program and when i try to use it the interlink controller is there under the USB menu but when i try to connect it to the virtual machine it says its in use by another program and to wait 5-10 seconds or end the program manually....what program is this and how do i end it? or how do i find out what program is using my controller? because waiting is not doing anything i dont think.....any help is awesome thanks

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  2. Swig

Swig Bit poster

Anyone????

3. Swig

Swig Bit poster

I read a post earlier about how much the parallels support sucked and i agree completely but now i see the users on these forums are also useless...thanks a lot...you all suck

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

Aww gee, the boor baby didn't get an answer in a few hours from a group of volunteers who obviously have nothing better to do with their lives than sit waiting for game questions and quickly answer them.

SWIG, you have unrealistic expectations. Actually, I could answer your question, but since you told me I suck, I won't. Patience and manners are virtues. You need to grow up.

5. Swig

Swig Bit poster

first of all its been 24 hours and if i didnt keep saying anything my post would have been in the archives by now so sorry if i asked for some help and there are over 50 views at my problem and not a single response...

6. joem

joem Forum Maven

First post January 23rd 12:21 PM.
    Last post january 23rd 7:02 PM.
    Elapsed time including my response and your response to that six hours and change, which is a far cry from 24. Secondly, anyone who logs in to the forum gets to see as unread everything not so far read regardless of elapsed time. There is no archive -- it's all live.

And I find being told I suck offensive.

7. pderby

pderby Member

Update to the Release candidate, 3120

Swig,

You didn't mention what version/build of Parallels you are running. If you aren't running the latest release candidate, build 3120, then your chances of any USB device working are limited. Parallels has added a lot of USB functionality and fixed a ton of problems with USB present in the earlier versions.

There are still some types of USB devices that won't work, but the list is getting shorter and shorter.

Good luck with your controller device. Hope the latest RC version works for you. When you do plug in your controller, wait a little while for Windows XP to settle down and configure the device.

8. leejsci

leejsci Member

Dear Swig

Good morning to you and I guess you were able to install the parallels and guest os sucessfully..:) I had same issues and make sure your windows xp is fully updated including SP2. Once you have complete the windows update, go to device manager and verify that you do not have yellow triangle on the USB controller, if it is, delete the device and from window... restart.. it will grab correct usb controller drive from ms update site....
    good luck....

JL

9. 83superglide

83superglide Bit poster

USB problems

I too get the error message that the device is in use by another process. I have all the latest software on my new MacBook. I am running windowsXP home edition and I updated it today. I have the latest version of parallels. None of the suggestions here have helped. I have tried three different usb devices includin a simple thumb drive. Please Help! thanks