Coherence... a few ideas

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by a1a23696, Jan 24, 2007.

1. a1a23696

a1a23696 Bit poster

I am using a skin to make xp look like os x, and it is VERY close. It would be cool if coherence mode would show dropped shadows on the windows, like os x does. I realize it is a non-trivial task, but it would be one more step on the road to seemless intergration of parallels into os x.

One way would be for parallels to have os x draw a blank window on the screen (with the transparent shadow), then parallels let XP draw it's window in that same window rectangle.

I am not satisfied with the way coherence handles the window bar.... Anyone have any good suggestions?

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

This sounds pretty important - I hope they put some engineers on it. Too much bandwidth is being wasted on things like reliability and functionality. Eye candy - that's the ticket. And seemless intergration. It would truly be a leap of technology. The Window bar should be visible only when you want it to be. That would be cool.

3. Fredric

Fredric Member

I think the Parallels team should focus on outdoing OSX, even Leopard. I would like them to spend their time developing a means to control the computer using your thoughts, never having to touch the keyboard or mouse at all.

4. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Lemme think about this - A team of Russians embedding thought control into your computer. Interesting idea. Base it on this: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripher...is-kind-of-real-dont-send-it-to-us-151169.php

and I'll buy one.

5. Lev

Lev Bit poster

I had a hard time resisting to reply "pwnd" instantly to that. Thank you, i greatly appreciate comments like that.

6. drval

drval Pro

Here's a really novel idea - how about if you guys get some "coherence" in your thoughts and, while you're at it, maybe get a life. Continuing to knock Parallels in the predictable ways that do is really getting boring, not to mention uninformative and unhelpful.

7. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

classic... thanks for the giggle.. :)