trouble installing windows xp on parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by nade93, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nade93

nade93 Bit poster

Hi all

basically i have had windows up and running on parallels fine but yesterday i tried to reinstall windows and now it will not let me

eveytime i get to 56% it stops me uploading the p3.sys. if i press escape to skip the file it does it with several other files

i have ead a few forums and they say to update the BIOS maybe but how do you do that with parallels? any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. johnv

johnv Parallels Team Parallels Team

Hello!

Please check Parallels Desktop for Mac build number. It should be either 3214 or 4560. The number can be checked at "Parallels Desktop" menu - "About Parallels Desktop".

Please try this solution:
    http://kb.parallels.com/entry/31/458/

Best regards,
    John

3. nade93

nade93 Bit poster

just following the instructions now. the parallels desktop s 3036

4. nade93

nade93 Bit poster

ok followed the instructions to create a dmg file but it will not let me. says cannot create file due to input output error. there has never been anything worng wih the wondows disk. bought it brand new 2 months ago.

any ideas anyone?

thanks

5. MickColl

MickColl Bit poster

I successfully resolved a p3.sys issue by disabling it using Windows Recovery console.

Basically I was upgrading from parallels 3 to 5 and kept getting stuck at step 2, with the BSOD complaining about p3.sys. After some searching on the web, it appears to be a driver for pentium 3 processors, so disabling it does not affect the VM.

6. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi MickColl,
    thank you for sharing information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.