Uninitialized data request!?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RodS, Dec 29, 2009.

1. RodS

RodS Bit poster

Windows hung on shutting down, so I had parallels stop the virtual machine. I tried restarting it, but it just started to the same, gray 'shutting down' screen. After a couple of attempts to close and re-open parallels and the virtual machine, now when I try to start the VM I get an error message "uninitialized data request" and that's as far as I can get.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

Please send us problem report (Help->Report a Problem) and post here it id.

3. RodS

RodS Bit poster

Ok, here you go. Thanks for any help you can provide. 1711552

4. mssrkurtz

mssrkurtz Junior Member

I'm having this problem too.

It seems to be the same issue. Windows hung on shutdown and when I try to restart I get the "uninitialized data requested" error.

5. mssrkurtz

mssrkurtz Junior Member

I'm having this problem too. It seems to be the same issue. Windows hung on shutdown and when I try to restart I get the "uninitialized data requested" error.

6. KateyD

KateyD Bit poster

unitialized data request

I have the same issue, after spending hours converting my VM this morning. Very frustrating, any help would be appreciated.

ID: 1737692

7. KateyD

KateyD Bit poster

Possible fix?

I rebooted and reinstalled Parallels, which seems to have fixed the problem.

Good luck!

8. FireFish

FireFish Bit poster

Uninitialized Data Requested.

I'm having this issue as well.

I'm running the latest Parallels 5 build on my iMac with OS X 10.6 .

My VM is Windows XP SP 3 32-bit & it was making it's first snapshot image & was taking forever. I Force Quitted Parallels & now whenever I try launching Parallels, all I can get is the error message dialoge attached to this post.

I'm very concerned that when I Googled this, it seems no solutions are available. I also noticed that most posts are very recent. PLEASE FIX NOW AS I CANNOT GO WITHOUT WINDOWS!!!

Attached Files:

9. KateyD

KateyD Bit poster

Possible fix

I don't know why my reply isn't showing, up.

After rebooting my mac, I re-installed parallels. Everything is normal now. Hope this works for the others!

10. RodS

RodS Bit poster

Reinstalling Parallels also fixed the problem for me. Thanks for the tip!

11. TobinJ

TobinJ Bit poster

Just rebooting worked for me

Before re-installing, try just rebooting. I was having this same problem, and a simple reboot cleared it right up.

Good luck.

12. Ahalls

Ahalls Bit poster

Rebooting Works

Same problem, here ... I simply rebooted the host operating system and things are working again ... I found this thread through a google search ... wished it came up in a search of the Parallels Support system. I wasted about an hour recovering unnecessarily a backup of my VM files :-((

13. ColinT

ColinT Bit poster

Rebooting Mac OS works for me too

Thanks for the advice of the seniors here! The same thing happened to me this morning when Windoze took forever to boot up. I force quitted Parallels, and thereafter I couldn't start Parallels. This same error appeared. I googled to this thread, rebooted Mac OS and it worked for me too. Thanks!

I will imagine if this happened on a purely Windoze platform, I might well have to re-format and re-installed the OS. Kudos to Apple & Parallels!

14. Howard Brazee

Howard Brazee Hunter

I'm having this problem now. I have to leave for work now because I can't log into Parallels for my VPN. Parallels was trying to run for an hour before I killed it. When I tried it again I got this error.