Virtual Machine List Location

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Fort, May 7, 2010.

1. Fort

Fort Bit poster

I'm having a really annoying problem with the virtual machine list; it no longer shows up. I use a macbook pro and plug it in to a couple different monitors. On my 17" monitor and the laptops screen I no longer see the list; but on my 20" monitor at work it shows up in the upper right corner with just a little bit of the window showing; just enough to grab and pull it into view.

I'm trying to figure out how to get it to show up in the middle of the screen consistently no matter what monitor I'm using. I have one of the newer macbook pro's and the screen has the same resolution as the 20" so I'm not sure why it won't show up on that one.

This is quite annoying and rather ridiculous that I would have to pay for an incident report to get help from parallels for a problem like this; it's not even related to using a virtual machine. So I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and found a resolution.

Thanks.

2. Felixelgato

Felixelgato Bit poster

I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem. I have a new Mac Book Pro 2010 and I have the idea that the "Virtual Machine List" window is having some problmes with the new high resolution feature because if I use the hot key to switch spaces, I can see it a fraction of a second.... Please Paralells Help Us

3. JPP

JPP Bit poster

Virtual Machine List Hidden

I am having the same problem. I also have a new Mac Book Pro 2010 with the new Hi Resolution Display. I can also briefly see the window when switching spaces.

UPDATE: Here is another forum thread dealing with the issue. At the end of this, the user stated that he reported the issue to Parallels.

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=101335

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  4. Felixelgato

Felixelgato Bit poster

5. alexch

alexch Junior Member