Internet Connection Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mrmupton, May 13, 2010.

1. mrmupton

mrmupton Bit poster

I have Parallels 5.0 installed and a Windows XP Professional VM on Mac OSX Leopard on my macbook pro. I used to be able to connect to the internet on the virtual machine but now I cannot. Here is what I've tried to fix it...
    -Switch between Shared and Bridged (and I've switched between nearly everything else)
    -Resetting the parallels network pref's to default
    -I have installed VPN's and thought that might be an issue, so I uninstalled VPN's and still issues
    -SonicWall VPN and Aventail VPN
    -Seemed like after installing the internet issues came back
    -Tried uninstalling the Parallels ethernet adapter, but it won't uninstall
    -Tried running ipconfig /all with no ip info given... just says "Windows..."
    -Changed settings in my virtual machine config for Network Adapter 1 into multiple configs and none will work
    -I've restarted the machine(s) multiple times.

I can connect to the internet fine through the wireless connection both on my mac, and from windows when booting to that boot camp partition.

Any other ideas?

2. Sean C

Sean C Bit poster

I've had the same problem from day one. Unfortunately, I have not had any help from Parallels in getting it fixed. I've done various uninstalls/reinstalls which are occasionally recommended by others but nothing seems to fix the problem. I'm getting ready to return the product since it doesn't work and move to VMware.

3. WBullard

WBullard Bit poster

Ditto

I am having this problem as well. When I call the technical support number there is a message about a voicemail box being full. I hope this is not the norm for Parallels.

4. catdad

catdad Member

I was unable to connect to a Verizon wi-fi hotspot today with my new MacBook Pro running Windows 7 under Parallels 5. While Verizon tech support isn't Mac OS X knowledgeable we came to the conclusion that perhaps Airport being on interferes with Windows 7 using the built-in wi-fi card, so you might try turning Airport off first