Sudden Inability to Print

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MaxBuck, Jun 7, 2010.

1. MaxBuck

MaxBuck Member

My Parallels list of connected devices (USB) began showing my printer twice, late last week. Now, this morning, I cannot get anything to print out of a Windows program (also cannot get a test page to print after removing and re-adding the printer). Anyone have this problem? I cannot continue to work without being able to print! This is a fatal-type error.

2. Bill Hall

Bill Hall Member

What do you mean unable to print? Is the print job getting to the Mac OS Print que? If so, is it producing an error? Also, what version of Parallels are you using and on which Mac OS? What is the type of printer and which v. of Windows? The more details you can provide the better.

I just went through this and in case it helps, if you're using Win7 and Parallels 5, I had do the following:
    - First, don't follow the KB, its dead wrong
    - If its a laser printer and you're using Win 7, add a printer, select local, select HP Color Laserjet 8500ps
    - If you don't see that printer in the selection, you'll have to click the update printer driver list button
    - Try printing
    - If you're on XP, go to HP, download the printer drivers for HP Color Deskjet 8500ps, install them, then add the printer as if you're adding an HP deskjet 8500ps

Other than that, you'll have to provide more details of your setup, config, problem, versions, etc...