Can't play a DVD in Win XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by lleision, Jan 29, 2007.

1. lleision

lleision Junior Member

Hi,
    I need to be able to play DVD's in Win Xp on my iMac so that I can take advantage of Pocket DVD Studio.

When prompted for a DVD player I installed PowerDVD by CyberLink. Installation went fine. The problem I now have, that although Power DVD loads up, it claims it can't play DVD's becuase and this message pops up:

Error Code: F4D41346

TheTV Out port of your display card is not working properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lleis

2. Hiohokaybye

Hiohokaybye Junior Member

it's not cuz of the parallels, it's cuz of ure dvd player. Try to play ure dvd w/ some other program like window media player or something... if it still doesn't work post again

3. lleision

lleision Junior Member

Hi

No I've tried it with windows and no luck.

Any other idea?

Lleis

4. lleision

lleision Junior Member

I should say I'm running a iMac 17' 2GB Ram 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

5. drval

drval Pro

I had a similar issue with InterVideo's DVD player under Parallels. This was related to InterVideo using "video overlays" and this is not currently supported in Parallels.

6. Hiohokaybye

Hiohokaybye Junior Member

Here wut version of parallels do you have cuz my parallels can burn dvd and cd and it works just fine! if you need an update click on this link
    http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/beta_testing/

7. macis4me

macis4me Bit poster

dvd's in parallels

to those of you who have no problems, please let us know what setup you are using to play dvd's.
    - DVD player software
    - Encoder/Decoder, etc...

Looking forward to this, especially since I practically have the same machine as Hiohokaybye. :D

8. lleision

lleision Junior Member

DVD and other tails of woe!

Hi

Well I have managed to mplayerc to work under Parallels, which is something. However, I thought I had managed to get PQ DVD Video Studio to work! It worked once under Parallels but now terminates at bootup.

I'm not sure how robust Parallels is, each time I get something to work it ends up crashing days later. I guess this is one of the reasons why I switched to Mac's. Not a great advert guys, 5 out of 10, could do a heck of a lot better.

Lleis