Parallels team gone dark?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by steve, Jan 30, 2007.

1. steve

steve Member

Hello,

I haven't heard much from Tim or Andrew on the forum lately and there hasn't been a new release candidate. It seems as if the team has gone dark. Any particular reason?

Steve

2. BillInSoBe

BillInSoBe Member

With any luck they are taking a bit more time to fix all of the issues that are broken before releasing the next RC. To be honest I'm glad. They should have released more builds prior to the initial RC. RC builds are generally far more stable and to be frankly honest I don't think 3120 was even suitable as a Release Candidate.

You almost have to think of an RC as shippable or near-shippable code.

3. wingdo

wingdo Pro

You should totally think of RC as shippable or near shippable code. By definition, Release Candidate means the code team believes all major and mid level bugs are 100% gone. A RC is their belief of what is shippable to customers as a finished product. RC1 really should be Beta4.

4. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

That's what I'm thinking exactly. Let's hope that they're all are concentrating in getting version 2.5 done very soon.

5. steve

steve Member

Stevamundo, I concur with you that the team is probably focused on the next RC but I would have thought we would still see them around here. Then again, most of the discussion lately has been rehashing the same problems so there isn't much they can add to the discussion.

But with the Leopard announcement just around the corner, I wonder ... :rolleyes:

6. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Parallels is SUPPOSED to be compatible with Leopard. I'm COUNTING ON IT because I'm buying Leopard.

7. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

With the new release of Vista, and with Parallels being tied to Vista with three products (Parallels Desktop for Windows, Linux, and the Desktop for Mac), I'd bet they're busy as hell handling lots of Vista related problems. I'd be very surprised if they drop another RC any time soon but you never know.

8. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

I bet you are totally correct. The last beta was awesome, and with Vista now on the shelves as we type... and with all the horrific copy protection hardware issues embedded into the OS.... I wonder if they are not on a suicide watch...

= )

9. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Member

Support has been absolutely horrible.

It's like these guys don't want to answer problematic questions anymore.

10. akac

akac Hunter

Or more likely, problematic questions require new builds to address those questions and they are hard at work on those builds.

However even if that is what is going on (which is what I believe it is), they should at least tell us.

11. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

I guess they showed me. RC2 is out.

12. steve

steve Member

I see that! Great news.

On the Vista thing ... that hadn't occurred to me but makes a LOT of sense.

Anybody heard anything more about the Leopard rumours that it will support the Win API?