Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac Build 9370 is available!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dmitriy, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Bit poster

Dear Users,

Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac build 9370 includes changes that improve performance and enhance compatibility.
    This update is highly recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac.

Updates for Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac are available via:

- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
    - Parallels Desktop download page - http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

This update includes the following bugfixes and improvements:

- Mac folders shared with Windows now work correctly with MS Outlook, Lotus, Quicken and other Windows applications.
    - Support for Autodesk Revit 2011 was fixed.
    - MS Office 2010 activation is preserved in Boot Camp virtual machines.
    - OpenGL now works correctly in Ubuntu 10.04 virtual machines.
    - Virtual machines using Boot Camp partitions on 512 GB solid-state disks (SSDs) now work correctly.
    - The problem with invisible virtual machines list on new MacBook Pros (released in early 2010) was fixed.
    - A rare problem with Windows virtual machine's screen turning black after upgrading to Mac OS X v10.6.3 was fixed.
    - Problems with Parallels Service stopping to respond when the Parallels Desktop settings file is corrupt were fixed.
    - Problems with screen resolution in Mac OS X Server v10.6.3 virtual machines were fixed.

KB article with update description:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/8706

2. MarcusH

MarcusH Junior Member

As a matter of facts: 'Use all displays in Full screen' is now working again (congrats), however, screen resolution of 1900*1200 is not supported any more in Full screen (single display), windows are not re-sizeable in 'Window' view. Not so great new build.

3. MarcusH

MarcusH Junior Member

And here is another one: "The Parallels coherence mode could not be applied........"
    Any thoughts?? Thanks.
    Marcus

4. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Bit poster

MarcusH

Please try to reinstall Parallels Tools. To do that, choose "Reinstall Parallels Tools" from "Virtual Machine" menu.

5. When will we see the international versions for this? German, for example.
    Would it take months again, like it did the last time?
    THX!

6. lcavada

lcavada Bit poster

When in 9344 i had issues with the shared folders and Outlook 2007. I found an updated Parallels Tools file, installed it, and problem was gone.

Now i installed the 9370 upgrade, and have same issues with the shared folders on my Mac. Can't open large .PST files which reside in my mac drive, into Outlook 2007 in Parallels VM.

Any ideas?

7. George Corder

George Corder Bit poster

Awesome build

Brings back much faster speed - startup/shutdown and interaction! Thanks.

8. NancyL

NancyL Bit poster

Cannot reinstall Parallels Tools

Got the message "Failed to uninstall Parallels Memdev Driver" and then "An error occurred while installing Parallels Tools. Check OK to restart your virtual machine, and then try to install Parallels Tools again".

Tried it. Same thing.

Tried going to Windows XP Add/Remove Programs to remove Parallels Tools. Again got "Failed to uninstall Parallels Memdev Driver" and then "Fatal Error during installation".

What now?

9. LeslieP

LeslieP Bit poster

This upgrade crippled my XP virtual machine. It is essentially unusable. Still trying to figure out what is going wrong. XP is completely bogged down. Opened a support ticket, I hope they can help. I've lost a day of work because of this.

10. SilkeR

SilkeR Bit poster

no NAT?

Before the upgrade, I used the shared networking without any problems. Now, after the upgrade, I cannot access the Guest OS (Win 7) any more. Bridged is still working tough.

Anyone experiencing similar problems?

11. danielgrussell

danielgrussell Bit poster

9370 must be buggy

Same here... Installed the build update (9370), opened the XP virtual machine and parallel tools could not finish installing due to "could not uninstall parallels memdev driver." Repeated reboots did nothing helpful. XP worked but only in a small window - no coherence or crystal. Had to spend the $20 to get phone support. Worse though was the convoluted process of getting to the phone support after paying the money and waiting for several minutes listening to elevator music. Finally got there and the advice was: use control panel to uninstall parallels tools. Same uninstall error message. Then used windows explorer to delete the folder "Parallels Tools" that was inside the folder "Parallels" which is inside the folder "Programs". Re-booted and then reinstalled the parallels tools. Had to do the last two steps a couple of times but it finally started working. I can't tell if the update did anything. I will be reluctant to download future updates

12. danielgrussell

danielgrussell Bit poster

Try deleting the "parallels tools" folder in the "parallels" folder in the "programs" folder. Then do the reinstall parallels tools under Virtual Machine

13. NancyL

NancyL Bit poster

Trying now to delete Parallels Tools folder

Thanks very much for the info, Daniel. When I try to delete the Parallels Tools folder it says it cannot delete CopyPasteTool.dll because access is denied. Did you get that, and if so how did you resolve it?

14. NancyL

NancyL Bit poster

Finally able to install Parallels Tools

I turned off ZoneAlarm and was able to complete the 9370 update successfully. Again working fine.

15. Rich Harpel

Rich Harpel Bit poster

Error installing Parallels Tools

I have run the upgrade and now have no internet/network connections on the Windows side. Mac works fine Windows was working fine before the upgrade. I'm sure it has to do with Parallels Tools. Each time I try to reinstall I am getting the basic notice: "Error while installing Parallels Tools, restart and try again" or something close to that.

I have tried to delete the Parallels Tools folder but get the message: "Cannot delete WalkingMouse.dll: Access is denied".

Can anyone help me with this very frustrating issue caused by an upgrade?

16. Ian Ogilvie

Ian Ogilvie Bit poster

Installing Parallels Tools after 9376

The last build in July and this one, build 9376, gave me no end of problems trying to "reinstall parallels tools". Unable to remove memdev, cannot delete CopyPasteTool.dll, and so forth. This finally (after 3 hours ) worked for me. I'm running XP in the virtual machine.

(Computer is a MacBook Pro Max osx 10.6.4 up to date as of September 2010.)

Boot in Safe Mode ( not the Parallels menu safe mode but Windows safe mode. Use the keyboard icon at the bottom of the parallels desktop to choose f8 immediately after starting the virtual machine. This is tricky to get windows to see it.)
    Remove C:/Program Files/Parallels/Parallels Tools ("remove programs" from the control panel did not work)
    It takes forever to make the mouse move to the right places.

Basically it seems that starting windows loads parallels tools and then trying to remove parallels tools fails because it's running and windows is too stupid to stop it.

Reboot ( so you're leaving the safe mode )
    In parallels choose Virtual Machine>ReInstall Parallels desktop ( let it run till it prompts for a reboot)
    Again in parallels choose View> Crystal did not work without first choosing View > Full Screen
    After that choosing View > Crystal worked.

Not all but almost all of my "upgrades" of parallels have been painful.

I hope this helps someone.

17. Rich Harpel

Rich Harpel Bit poster

No Help from Parallels After Weeks

I have removed every trace of Parallels Tools completely using all methods and still am not able to reinstall. I have no internet on the Windows XP side and can not install Parallels Tools. Parallels support said weeks ago that they were moving my case to "Secondline" support engineers, but I have not heard back. Since the update in July, I have not been able to use Windows XP! Help me!

18. Rich Harpel

Rich Harpel Bit poster

Finally Fixed with No Help from Parallels

I ran the latest update/build and was finally then able to reinstall Parallels Tools.