The Vista thread

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by geordisjd, Jan 30, 2007.

1. geordisjd

geordisjd Member

Anybody has installed the New-Official-Looks-Just-Like-OS X Vista on Parallels yet :rolleyes: ? Does it crash Parallels? Does it crash the computer? Does it slow down Parallels? Should we stick with Windows XP since it's working?

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

lots of us have, dont forget, the RTM build of Vista has been available to corporates for the last 2 months. As with every MS operating system, its slower than the one before. Unless you really feel the urge to update, XP will do you just as well IMO. With the lack of 3d support, you dont get to use the Aero interface anyway... (and even if parallels did have 3d support, whether it would be of a good enough standard to run Aero is questionable)

3. geordisjd

geordisjd Member

Thanks for the info. I did try to install the RTM built of Vista 2 months ago on my Mac Pro. Everything crashed (gray curtain of death). I gave up. I was wondering if the final version of Vista - but is there ever anything final with MS - did the same thing. My Windows XP works great for what I do with it and I should resist the urge to upgrade just because the upgrade is available.

4. gatesl

gatesl Bit poster

XPS is broken for vista on 3120

I suppose this probably should not come as a surprise to most, but there are at least a few issues left with vista on macosx with 3120. You should be aware if you are considering adopting.

I submitted feedback on this, but the XPS document format is not working under 3120. This the most glaring Issue I have found. I have also turned off all of the vista graphics to get the be performance possible, and it's tolerable.