Paralles 2.2 on SuSe 10.2 Can't config

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by Danorske, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Danorske

Danorske Member

Hi, I thought I asked this last week but it never showed up on the forum. Anyway, I am having a problem doing "parallels-config". I get this error message in the log file. I have noticed that some are not having any difficulty with this. I've preinstalled Kernel-Sources, gcc, c++, make. I couldn't find ld [binutils.

Can I get some help Please? getting desperate:confused:

Thanks,
    Ron

Now I see why my original request never showed up is because it was too large. Also it's to large as an attachment. I have zipped it so it will fit.
    Again, Thanks for any help.
    Ron

Attached Files:

2. afore

afore Member

I installed it on Suse 10.2 Core 2 Duo with no problem and ran config, then installed winxp. Couple of glitches with WinXP, but otherwise it works fine. I had the packages installed that you called out. I think binutils is also on the DVD, but I don't recall having problems with it.

Art

3. Danorske

Danorske Member

Could this be related to the fact that I am running SuSe 10.2 6 bit?
    Ron

4. afore

afore Member

Most assuredly. Parallels will not yet work on 64-bit. I tried it on 64-bit before going back to 32-bit.
    Art

5. Danorske

Danorske Member

Thanks afore,
    I just tried it on my 32bit laptop and it worked fine. Weird how that other 32 bit programs work on 64 bit machines. s**t. I guess I'll have to reinstall Suse10.2 as 32 bit.

Thanks,
    Ron

6. afore

afore Member

Joing
    the club. That is what I did also.

Art

7. mgpws

mgpws Junior Member

OK, I have to ask... How in the world do you force a 32 but install of suse 10.2? In 10.1 there is an F key on the install screen. Using the downloaded DVD that is not there on 10.2. I seached the web for 2 days see many people who install 32 bit, but no one mentioned how to force it. Thanks to anyone who can solve this mystery. Am I am really missing something so simple? BTW, I am using a n E6600 core duo processor and Asus P5W64 motherboard, could that be disallowing the option in 10.2?

8. SteffenG

SteffenG Bit poster

For opensuse 10.2 I'm pretty sure you have to download the 32-bit DVD separately (called i386).

See: http://en.opensuse.org/Released_Version#Downloads

Steffen

9. Danorske

Danorske Member

I just clicked an F key,(don't remember which one) that was there on the initial install splash screen.

Ron

10. mgpws

mgpws Junior Member

Thanks folks, it looks like I have to use I386. There is no F key for this on my 10.2, there was on 10.1. Thanks again.

Update: I discovered that the download versions come in 32 and 64 bit. The retail, which is what I had for 10.1 has both on a single DVD with the install option. Anyway, I went back to 10.1, 10.2 had too many problems.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007