Issue to install parallel tools

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by eric31, Jul 1, 2006.

1. eric31

eric31 Bit poster

Hello,

as there is no parallels support (I sent 3 times a bug, but till now, no answer :mad: ), I wrote this thread. I use an intel mac and tried to install Parallel tool under Windows XP OS. During the installation, suudenly the mac restarted by itself. Now when I start Windows under Parallels, a black screen starts, telling that Windows will try to start in safe mode, and nothing happens... Do I have to re-install Windows??? Or to re-install Parallels?

Thanks in advance,
    Cheers,
    Eric

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

Have you tried booting (inside parallels) from the Xp CD and doing a system recovery / system restore ?

S

3. oneway23

oneway23 Junior Member

How, exactly do you boot from the XP cd inside your VM. I need to do a repair installation, and the del. key that I usually use to get into BIOS doesn't work. My VM seems to load too fast to press any buttons. Sorry for the old bump, but I was hoping you could help. Thanks

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

Set boot order to CD first. You may have to make the CD device 0:0 (or that may have been fixed. I haven't tried it lately).

There's no way to "get into" the BIOS in Parallels. You do all your editing in the app console.