Mouse wheel doesn't work in eComStation 1.2 guest VM

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by rs37, Apr 23, 2006.

1. rs37

rs37 Member

My mouse wheel is not working with eCS 1.2R. This OS version comes with SciTech SNAP Graphics for OS/2 version 3.02 and within Parallels VM it is seen as a Virtual Video Adapter VESA VBE 3.0 with 6 MB of video memory and limited features

When I boot the live CD, eCommStation Demo CD, from Parallels VM I have my mouse wheel working without problems. In this case I suppose SciTech SNAP driver is loaded directly, without other interferences

My question is: Any workaround for this limitation?

Thanks

2. rs37

rs37 Member

As a complementary information, I have done tests with and without Parallels Mouse Synchronization Tool installed. With eCS 1.2R, after tool installation CONFIG.SYS , GRADD and MOUSE lines looks as follows and seems to be ok for me:

SET C1=SDDGRADD,PRLMFLT
    SET GRADD_CHAINS=C1
    DEVICE=D:\OS2\BOOT\prlmous.sys

DEVICE=D:\OS2\MDOS\VMOUSE.SYS

DEVICE=D:\OS2\BOOT\POINTDD.SYS

DEVICE=D:\OS2\BOOT\MOUSE.SYS TYPE=PRLMOUS$
    Mouse synchronization works perfectly but mouse wheel doesn't work.

With REM in line DEVICE=D:\OS2\BOOT\prlmous.sys and without the parameter 'TYPE=PRLMOUS$' for MOUSE.SYS I have no mouse synchronization but mouse wheel still doesn't work.

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks for reporting - we will check this.

4. rs37

rs37 Member

I decided to reinstall eCS and mouse wheel begin to work. I did a backup of virtual hd and install parallels mouse synchronization tool again - mouse wheel stop working. So, the problem is really with the tool.

rfsenger

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks for bug localization - we will take care of it.

6. tnperri

tnperri Bit poster

Hi,

I also am having this same problem.. Has a fix been found?

7. mgpws

mgpws Junior Member

I just installed ECS 1.2R which went fine until I installed the mouse tool. Now mouse does not work at all. I am unable to do anything. In fact the keyboard does not appear to allow selection of object. All that works is CAD. I am using the latest parallels under suse 10.1 SMP.

8. SteveRichards

SteveRichards Junior Member

I was also having this problem... I reread the readme.txt and made sure the config.sys was setup per instructions and the it was OK.

I also had to disable acceleration...

Steve

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007