Parallels image tool won't launch

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rstrauch, Aug 17, 2010.

1. rstrauch

rstrauch Junior Member

I'm trying to run Image Tool 4.0 under OSX 10.6.4 and it freezes during startup. It bounces in the dock for a while as it starts, then just sits there. It won't open and my only quit option is "force quit." I haven't used it before, so I don't know if this is a problem that started with Snow Leopard or was there before. If Image Tool is supposed to be compatible with Snow Leopard mine must be corrupted. How can I get a copy that works?

Ralph

2. diwa

diwa Member

I do have the same problem using Version 5 Image tool on my iMac (10.6.4)...

The application starts an becomes "non responding" while consumpting 95% processor capacity...

ciao

dirk

3. rstrauch

rstrauch Junior Member

I was able to get my v4 Image Tool to work by using Safe Boot -- booting my mac with the shift key held down. This doesn't load a variety of system extensions, etc., so apparently one of those is what's causing the problem. I can't run my mac that way because safe boot eliminates things like wifi, but it's a workaround for occasional use of Image Tool, which was all I needed.

I reported this solution earlier on another thread, but didn't think to come back an post it here as well.

http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=419803&postcount=10

Ralph