Assigning Virtual Machines to a specific Space

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by williams.noah, Sep 6, 2010.

1. williams.noah

williams.noah Bit poster

Hello,

Is there a way to assign an individual virtual machine to a specific Space? For example, say you have two virtual machines (VM1, VM2). Is there a way to configure OS X/Parallels such that when VM1 starts it automatically goes to Space 3 and when VM2 starts it automatically goes to Space 4?

2. timur

timur Member

3. williams.noah

williams.noah Bit poster

Thanks, but I don't think that addresses what I'm trying to accomplish. Assigning Parallels Desktop to a particular OS X Space is simple enough, but what I'm trying to do is assign a specific virtual machine to one OS X Space and another virtual machine to another OS X Space.

For example, let's say within Parallels Desktop you have a VM called "Win7" and a VM called "Win2K8". What I want to do is configure everything such that when I start Win7 it launches up in Space 3 and when I start Win2K8 it starts up in Space 4.

Thanks!

4. JanosX

JanosX Bit poster

I don't mean to rez a very dead thread, but as far as I can tell the above wish is still not possible. I love parallels, but find the lack of this option annoying (I fully admit it could be a restriction of Lion. However if the VM shortcuts could be treated as apps, then we should be able to assign them to a current space from the dock -> options menu.

I've read a lot about people wishing they could move their windows apps individually from mission control, however I work with my VM's in Full Screen and would like to lock them to specific spaces/ desktops.

Does anyone have any info on this?