Parallels 6 - Winows 7 blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by StephenA, Sep 10, 2010.

1. StephenA

StephenA Member

Screenshot attached. I've never had a BSOD with this VM under Parallels 5, 1 days after putting P6 on it dies on me. This and the poor trackpad performance is wanting me to downgrade back to P5 now.

Attached Files:

2. PatrickJ

PatrickJ Member

After doing some google-gleaning on PFN_LIST_CORRUPT specific to Windows 7, I think there's probably a graphics driver conflict between the old Parallels Tools installed with v5 and the new Tools installed with v6.

Try uninstalling completely the tools from Windows, reboot and then reinstall the new tools.

3. Karl Wyer

Karl Wyer Junior Member

Bsod

I have a similar BSOD issue running XP64. Doesn't the install of parallel's tools automatically uninstall/install the relevant drivers? I'm wary of uninstalling stuff in case I cannot then re-install.

And yes, P5 was fine :-/

4. PatrickJ

PatrickJ Member

Most likely it'll do some sort of upgrade of the drivers, but there could be some cruft between versions that is causing the problem.

If you are worried about something screwing up, you can always make a copy of the VM image. If something breaks, just replace the broken image with the copy and you'll be back to where you were.

5. Alexander Dirks

Alexander Dirks Bit poster

Have the same problem after installing parallels 6 - sometimes after booting, sometimes while browsing in win explorer

OSX 10.6 / paralles 6 / win7 64 Pro

6. Daniel M.F

Daniel M.F Bit poster

same with me more than 15 BSODs in three days and even a complete MacOS hang... Win7 32bit PD6 MacOS10.6

7. lynmatten

lynmatten Member

Have you tried to deactivate the adaptive Hypervisor? This worked for me. No BSOD since then at my system:

MAC OS 10.6/Parallels6/W7 32 Bit