Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3150 RC2 is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Feb 1, 2007.

1. daniello

daniello Junior Member

Nice work Parallels Team!

Now thatI can import VMware VMs, that eliminates some installation issues I have been having.
    I'll give it a try (fingers crossed).

Daniel

2. dailo

dailo Member

Is there anyway to fix the BSOD error in BootCamp? I didn't uninstall the Boot Camp tools from the very first beta and it has caused an issue ever since. I just did a repair installation Windows while running in Parallels and that has enabled me to run my BootCamp partition in Parallels, but never in BootCamp. If I do a repair installation in BootCamp I can run BootCamp without problems, but them Parallels will BSOD. Is there any other fix? Thanks.

3. jbsolutios

jbsolutios Junior Member

I am having this same problem - help!

MacBook Pro, Core2Duo, 3Gb RAM.

Many thanks

JB

4. eudyptes

eudyptes Junior Member

Cannot resolve address: download.parallels.com

Is there downloads site down or just too busy?

I cannot seem to resolve the DNS name. download.parallels.com

5. alain

alain Bit poster

Yes, probably because of the non-support of vista from bootcamp.

But it would be appreciated if someone of Parallels says that.

Alain

6. sgginc

sgginc Bit poster

Excuse my stupid question but what windows program uses the iSight camera?
    Thanks ... Ken

7. bluloo

bluloo Member

Coherence mode with the ability to not show the task bar is a nice addition.

8. errandwolfe

errandwolfe Bit poster

No External iSight

Well I was very happy to see iSight support has been added to release 3150. Then my joy turned to sadness. This appears to only work with the new iMac and Macbook that have the built in iSight. Those of us with Mac Mini's and Mac Pro's are still out of luck with our firewire iSights. It seems unless you want to spend a WHOLE lotta money on a new Apple display with built in iSight you are out of luck. We can only hope that at some point Parallels will add the firewire support so we can use our cams.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  9. engyew

engyew Member

It works. Installed Bootcamp drivers and I am happily using MSN. Yeah!! Refresh rate a bit slow compare to aMSN though. Not sure.

10. dailo

dailo Member

For those of you with a working BootCamp and Parallels could you look at your hardware profile and see if there is only one profile or more listed? I am trying to fix my bootcamp partition so I can boot into it, but it keeps on giving me BSOD.

11. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

“USE WITH VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGIES. You may not use the software installed on the licensed device within a virtual (or otherwise emulated) hardware system,†reads the EULA.

That doesn’t preclude Vista Home editions from being installed on Macs running Boot Camp, however, since Boot Camp isn’t a virtualization or emulation technology — instead, it makes Windows run natively on the Mac. For now, however, Boot Camp is still in beta development, and still officially works only with Windows XP.

Meanwhile, the EULA included with Vista Enterprise and Ultimate editions allows that operating system software to be installed on virtual or emulated hardware systems.

“In short, this means that if you’re a user and you want to run Vista virtually, you MUST buy the highest end versions of Vista, or you’ll be in violation of the Microsoft EULA,â€

ajm

12. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

ISight works (at least for me) with the latest MSN Messenger, but does not seem to work with Yahoo!

ajm

13. Nakah

Nakah Bit poster

Hi,

I've just installed Vista Ultimate with BootCamp, and I'm not able to use my BootCamp partition with Parralels Desktop.
    I've tried to install Parallels Tools for Boot Camp, but it fails because I'm not using Windows XP.
    Is there a way to boot my BootCamp partition (Vista) with Parallels Desktop ?

Thanks

14. rjbailey

rjbailey Member

I had the same problem. I think it had to do with the Parallel Tools installer after I upgraded to Parallels RC2. What worked for me (I'm using the BC partition in Parallels) was to boot into the Windows CD from BootCamp (option key at startup), repair the system, reboot into Mac OS, restart the Windows VM in Parallels, ignore the message that the older version of Parallels Tools was obsolete, remove the Parallels Tools installation via Windows Control Panel, reboot the VM, then install Parallels Tools from the menu and reboot the VM again. Seems to work after that.

Maybe it will be a good practice in the future to remove Parallels Tools manually before upgrading.

15. BlueTrance

BlueTrance Junior Member

ouch... it erased ALL the content of the Windows Applications folder (which I used a lot).

I guess they stopped being compatible with the new release, so we need to relaunch the apps one by one.

I also cannot open the Start menu just by clicking the dock icon. Maybe I'm doing something the wrong way.

By the way, has the memory leak produced by disabling the screenshot on dock been solved?

16. dylanharris

dylanharris Member

Significantly Better

This RC is significantly better than the last one. My USB drives are recognised, Vista runs for more than a few seconds, and Parallels is yet to drop out.

I had the problem people have mentioned with the spurious failure of XP in Boot Camp to launch (lots of different copies of Windows, even though there aren't), but it went away when I quit Parallels and restarted it. I presume this is a side effect of RC1?

17. ebernet

ebernet Product Expert

Yes, but note the message has changed to "Setting Up" from "Installing"
    I believe it will always stay there because it now relates to the behind the scene thing Parallels does whenever it boots up the VM, and it is asking that you wait until Windows is loaded before you interact with Windows. Yes, it could be worded better, but I get the point now...

18. drval

drval Pro

Yes, the memory leak has been fixed -- no need to have "Show Live..." selected. Perhaps the Start Menu change you've noticed is related to the ability to completely hide the Taskbar? I don't know, as I'm just trying build3150 now, but just thought that might be related.

19. ebernet

ebernet Product Expert

I mean "Initializing" from "Installing"

20. jbsolutios

jbsolutios Junior Member

I can confirm that this worked for me. Thank you so much!

Regards

JB