Suggestion: Create a Mac Beta forum

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by scott.junk@paksense.com, Jan 30, 2007.

?

Should the Mac Desktop forum be split in two?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2007.
  1. Yes, create a new forum just for Beta Users

38 vote(s)
    88.4%
  2. No, I like confusing new users. ;-)

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. scott.junk@paksense.com

scott.junk@paksense.com Junior Member

I have seen a lot of posts recently from upset users who have fried their VM after installing the beta. There have been more than a few rants about the quality of Parallels Desktop, and at least one apology after the concept of the beta was explained.

Looking though the threads in the Mac Desktop forum the vast majority are about problems with the latest beta, and I can understand how a normal customer would be confused.

I would like to propose that the Parallels Team create a new forum dedicated to Mac Beta discussions. It seems like this would clear up a lot of confusion and frustration.

Thoughts?

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Bumping topic.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  3. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Bumping again.

4. Shari.sld

Shari.sld Member

Bump

Bump this poll

5. mattfreeman

mattfreeman Member

bump. Would make sense!

6. neosublime

neosublime Member

Bumpedy Bump Bump!

7. bluloo

bluloo Member

Sounds like a good idea though support would have to monitor two forums and also move the inevitable "wrong forum" posts. As long as they are staffed to provide the necessary service it would benefit users, IMO.

8. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

or create a moderating team of users who can deal with this for them. I'm sure theres enough of us who are experienced enough to do this..

9. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Having two forums would not change the number of posts one needs to wade through. It would be a first layer filter though. Perfect? No - but more perfect than the mess we have now.

10. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

bump again.

11. judisohn

judisohn Junior Member

I rarely see anyone from Parallels replying in this forum, whether it's about the beta or the stable versions. They've always been more user-to-user, and I for one don't mind that they stay that way as long as there's some thread organization. The fact that there are hundreds of posts in the single announcement thread drives me nuts. Then you have the folks who use thread titles like, "Help me please!" or "Can't print" with no clue whether they're talking RC2 or 1970 is another layer of mess around here.

12. BeyondCloister

BeyondCloister Junior Member

What would be better would be a sub forum for each release or getting everyone who starts a thread to include the build number in the title.

13. chrisj303

chrisj303 Member

I'd also like to see the "How To" forum to be just that - soloutions. Not just an extension of this forum.