Vista Performance?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by neosublime, Feb 1, 2007.

1. neosublime

neosublime Member

Anyone see an improvemant in Vista performance? I deleted my Vista VM 20min's before RC2 was posted. So I'm curious if a Vista VM is the same or faster than RC1.

2. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

“USE WITH VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGIES. You may not use the software installed on the licensed device within a virtual (or otherwise emulated) hardware system,†reads the EULA.

That doesn’t preclude Vista Home editions from being installed on Macs running Boot Camp, however, since Boot Camp isn’t a virtualization or emulation technology — instead, it makes Windows run natively on the Mac. For now, however, Boot Camp is still in beta development, and still officially works only with Windows XP.

Meanwhile, the EULA included with Vista Enterprise and Ultimate editions allows that operating system software to be installed on virtual or emulated hardware systems.

“In short, this means that if you’re a user and you want to run Vista virtually, you MUST buy the highest end versions of Vista, or you’ll be in violation of the Microsoft EULA,â€

ajm

3. neosublime

neosublime Member

I know the license well. BUT, my question was, "Performance". I have all 4 Vista versions, and I will use Business with Parallels. So EULA makes no difference.

4. bassbishop

bassbishop Bit poster

I don't notice a speed difference with Vista Enterprise under the new RC2 of Parallels. Once you shut off some of the eye candy, it runs respectably. No difference from RC1, though.