1. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

Is there any way to click and drag? Need to be able to move windows out of the way.

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

I haven't used iPad Remote but isn't the standard way to drag stuff using a touch pad or touch screen to use a 1.5 click?
    i.e. tap once, then hold your finger down to drag.

3. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

Nope. That would be the intuitive best guess, but it doesn't work. Can't even resize windows which causes all kinds of issues.

4. DrKarl

DrKarl Member

Same question after just trying the mobile iPad app. Appears to be no way to drag anything. Attempting to drag a window results in the entire screen view being elastically dragged. Seems like a bug.

Also, reported elsewhere, I can confirm that the coordinate mapping is off, making the Mobile app unusable with my XP Pro virtual machine. Tapping on a context menu ends up clicking a different menu item. Zooming the screen to make the menus huge, to make sure I click the right menu only makes it worse.

The app is extremely promising... just needs to get these issues fixed before I can do anything with it.

(Beyond usability: I really do not understand why the app has to log onto the Parallels server even if using the LAN for connection to the VM. I don't know that I like entrusting my login info and potentially my data stream to a 3rd party.)

5. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

yes just switch Selection mode on

6. DrKarl

DrKarl Member

Thanks, Sandro. The dotted rectangle didn't jump out at me. Got it now. (Seems like it should be on by default.) Dragging stuff works fine, and now I see the deal with turning the selection mode on/off when the screen is zoomed.

STILL unusable because of the bug in mapping touch coordinates to the VM screen. Menus are fine, but context (right-click pop-up) menus do not work at all - the red cursor location appears at least one menu line below the one selected, even when zoomed in so large that it is impossible not to click on the correct thing.

The connection to the Parallels server issue that I mentioned at the end of my note is now resolved, too. Under iPad settings, there is a Parallels settings that enables the direct connection tab in the iPad app. This, too, it seems to me should be on by default. Turning it on lets me connect to my desktop via its IP address on my LAN just fine.

7. sandro

Hmm. Which view mode do you use at PD - Windowed or Coherence?

Mobile app tries to connect directly to your computer itself if it possible even when you go through Parallels proxy.

8. sandro

Could you please clarify do you have several monitors for Windows or just single?

9. Thomas von Rymon-Lipinski

Thomas von Rymon-Lipinski Bit poster

I have the same mapping problem. But with my devices the red marker is to high and a bit to the left.
    I'm using iPhone 4 and iPad, both have the same problem.
    Parallels is running on Snow Leopard on a MacBookPro (Late 2008) with Windows 7 (without Aero) in Coherence Mode with the 'onboard'-Screen and an additional external Screen.

10. Thomas von Rymon-Lipinski

Thomas von Rymon-Lipinski Bit poster

I've tested it a bit more.
    In Coherence mode (with both screens) the problem exists.
    In Coherence mode (only with the laptop screen) the problem is not existing.
    In Fullscreen mode (with or without both screens) the problem is not existing.
    In Window mode the problem is not existing.