Cannot View IIS in VM from OS X

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Fort, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Fort

Fort Bit poster

Just upgraded to Parallels 6 from ver 5. I'm running Windows 7 Pro. While running ver 5 I had no problem accessing web pages in IIS from OS X. Setup the firewall to allow access through. After upgrading I am unable to access IIS anymore. I've tried shared network connection and bridged (which is what I've always used). I can get to IIS from other computers here on our network so I know that it works. The problem I have is it's un-accessible from the Mac.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

3. Fort

Fort Bit poster

I am able to ping the VM from OS X; that's one of the strange parts of this whole thing.

4. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Did you try turning off the Firewall or did you just add more exceptions?

5. Fort

Fort Bit poster

I've tried turning off the firewall and nothing.

I can get everything to work like it used to at home, but not at work. I have to use the shared connection and I'm still unable to get to the VM from OS X.

Anyone facing the same issue?

6. EmilL

EmilL Bit poster

I'm facing the same issue and it's driving me nuts. I used to be able to access my guest OS (win 7) in Paralells 5, but after upgrading to Paralells 6 it's not possible any longer.
    I can ping the guest os, regardless if it's on shared or bridged network. Other computers in the same network can access the IIS, everyone except the host OS.

regards /Emil

7. Fort

Fort Bit poster

Are you running the latest release of ver 6? I re-installed the latest version as there has been a couple releases since the initial release. I don't have the problem anymore, it seems to be working fine now so I believe they've addressed the problem.

8. EmilL

EmilL Bit poster

Yes, I re-installed Parallels 6 from scratch, latest release.
    I've noticed something strange though, when working at home I'm on a wireless network (airport extreme) and everything works fine. I can browse my virtual machine from my host OS and other virtual machines I have installed. At my client I'm connected with an ethernet cable to the network and nothing works. I'm waiting for login to the wireless network now. Hope this will solve everything.