Problem with iPad Remote and Parallels 6

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Neilwhit, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

Did the upgrade and added the remote app to my iPad. However, when I connect to an XP VM, the spot where I touch the screen on the desktop showing on the iPad is far away from where the cursor action is. In other words, the touch screen is not calibrated correctly in Parallels remote. Nothing lines up. I don't see any way to adjust the calibration. Anyone else have this issue? Can't really do anything because its a pure guess where the cursor will click when I touch the screen.

2. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

Filed a problem report ID 6705437.

3. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

Tracked it down to occurring just when in Coherence mode. When you use the window mode, the taps are in the right place. I rarely use the window mode, so really would like to see this fixed for Coherence mode.

4. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

Hi.

Could you please clarify - problem persists once you connected to desktop in Coherence mode or some additional actions should be done (for example application window resize)?

5. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

If you are in the coherence mode and connect via the iPad, the cursor calibration is way off. The cursor click is about 1/3 of the screen to the left of where you touched the screen, thereby making it virtually impossible to click on anything. IF you turn coherence off and go to the window mode, it works fine.

In either mode, you cannot click-and-drag anything.

6. sandro

It's possible in Selection mode (dotted rectangle icon on app taskbar) - switch it on and go.

7. sandro

Could you please check and post here your screen resolution: at Mac and at Windows?

8. sandro

One more question - didn't you have several monitors configuration?

9. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

I do have 2 monitors, but have the Windoze VM on the main iMac screen. I've tried various resolutions thinking that was the issue. The iMac 27 is at it normal resolution (2560x1440). I have tried setting the Windoze VM to 1024x768 thinking that is the native resolution of the iPad, but that did not solve it. And as mentioned, when the VM is in the window mode, the coordinate mapping is reasonably good, although slightly off from time to time. It is when I have it in coherence that it is way off. And I have not found a resolution setting to correct it.

10. sandro

Agreed I was wrong with resolution version. But seems 2 monitors is the case. Could you please check whether problem persists in Coherence mode if you switch off second monitor?

11. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

You are correct. The 2nd monitor MUST be unplugged. The calibration is then reasonably good in the coherence mode. Bug is with 2nd monitor.

12. EricMc

EricMc Bit poster

same issue, but not remote

Coherence worked fine for me in Parallels 5. With 6, I see the same symptoms described here, but I have them on the machine running the VM. I am not using the remote app. Window mode works fine and dropping to one display works fine.