Parallels 6 is doubling pasted text

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by gradkal, Sep 20, 2010.

1. gradkal

gradkal Bit poster

Hi,

I often use copied text from Mac OS X in Windows and vice versa. If I have in Parallels preferences/keyboard "activate system-shortcuts of Mac OS X" (right translation? Sorry, I´m german) marked and try to paste copied text from Mac OS X into a Windows-application Parallels doubles the text. Vice versa it works well. This bug is very annoying. Without marking paste of text works both ways right. I would like the new feature having the additional shortcuts in Windows, but as long as it doubles the text, the disadvantages prevail.

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Does enabling "Optimize modifier keys for games" help?
    Virtual Machine -> Configure -> Options -> Advanced

3. gradkal

gradkal Bit poster

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it brings no difference if this feature is marked. But what I realized now is, that it has to do with using "Command + V" in Windows. This keyboard-shortcut is causing the text-doubling. If I use "Control + V" in Windows or go via the menu "Paste" the text will be inserted in every Windows-app correctly. So, for me that´s usable. But it keeps a bug. I hope, they will fix it in the next release.

4. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

I don't have this problem with Command-V and "Enable Mac OS X system shortcuts".

Do you have Cmd-V -> Ctrl-V in the Parallels Desktop keyboard preferences?

Do you have anything specified in the Mac OS X System Preferences Keyboard Shortcuts that might affect Cmd-V?

Which version of Windows are you using?

Are you using Window mode or Coherence mode?

5. gradkal

gradkal Bit poster

I´m using Windows XP SP3 in Coherence Mode.

There is no difference if I have "Cmd V --> Crtl V" checked or unchecked. As long as I use "Cmd V" in Windows with enabled Mac OS X system shortcuts it doubles the text. I don´t have any special keyboard shortcuts defined. There is also no difference between Window Mode and Coherence Mode.

So, for the next time I will stay with "Ctrl V" in Windows. Not a big issue.