Problems with OpenGL Extensions Viewer

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by wlwalsh, Sep 26, 2010.

1. wlwalsh

wlwalsh Bit poster

The current version of the OpenGL Extensions viewer fails to perform rendering tests on Parallels Desktop 6.0. This utility works fine on version 5. Interestingly, the previous version does work on 6.0. Another interesting aspect is that the previous version, which does run on 6.0, reports really poor rendering performance for OpenGL 2.1 and much higher performance for the lesser versions of OpenGL.

My system is a Mac Pro with 10 GB of memory. Virtual machine is Windows XP SP3 configured for a single processor with 3 GB of main memory assigned and 256 MB of video memory assigned.

One more thing. Open GL Extensions Viewer (Version 3.32, the latest), works just fine on both virtual machines and assorted PCs running it native, so lets not try to blame the utility; OK?

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

wlwalsh,

3.32 doesn't seem to work with pre-3.0 contexts on plain beige PCs with ATI and nVidia graphics. And it doesn't work in PD5 either. Are you sure 3.32 worked for you in PD5?

3. wlwalsh

wlwalsh Bit poster

Open GL Extensions Viewer

My Apologies, you are correct. While everything else works, the Rendering tests do not work with 3.32 on PD5 either nor, for that matter, do they work on vmware.

4. patricek

patricek Bit poster

Hi - just a note that Glview 3.34 (build 47.0.0.0) works fine under
    P6 -
    Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) -
    MacPro 10.6.5 -
    8 Core -
    NVidia 8800GT.

No problems so far ( I have other Parallels related OpenGL issues - but maybe for another thread...)

Patrice