Parallels 6 - Windows 7 - trackpad problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by StephenA, Sep 9, 2010.

1. StephenA

StephenA Member

My battery life is better! I like P6 apart from the mouse problem. It sucks. Awaiting an update to fix this then I'm happy.

2. dcrinzema

dcrinzema Member

It's Fixed for Me

I entered a support ticket and got a response that fixed (sort of) the problem. Basically, you have to shut down Windows 7, go to >Virtual Machine>Configure>Advanced and switch the Smart Mouse setting to Auto (Mine was set to ON).

That fixed the scrolling problem, but now the mouse no longer moves seamlessly from the host to the guest operating system. You have to click once within the guest to get the guest mouse back from the host.

I don't like that, but for me it's the lesser of two evils. I told the support folks that, so hopefully they'll view this as a temporary work around and keep working on the problem.

One last thing, I was also told to check the box for "Optimize modifier keys for games" but that made no difference for me either way.

3. FrancoE

FrancoE Bit poster

Trackpad is a big problem x me 2

Hi everybody.
    I can confirm that the trackpad in P6 is really unusable.
    My working configuration is in Full screen, Win7.
    I'd like to downgrade to P5, but now I don't have a full working VM backup...

Setting SmartMouse to Off, the scrolling is like P5, but the mouse sensitivity is really irritating...
    Now I'm back with SmartMouse to Auto, but scrolling is orrible...
    No possibility to scroll with two fingers without using inertial scrolling...
    Better P5...
    Let's hope Parallels team will solve the issue as usual...

4. bucweat@rushpost.com

bucweat@rushpost.com Member

Also having this problem

Guest OS is Windows 7 (full screen and window), running on 2009 MacBook Pro. Worked great in P5.

5. TheodorE

TheodorE Bit poster

This is not only with trackpads. Same occurs with some 3d software. Got the same problem using a MX Performance Mouse in MODO 401 on Windows 7. Scrolling in 3D is no now impossible. Worked fine before.

Windows 7 IMAC QuadCore.

6. Pelican18TQA4

Pelican18TQA4 Bit poster

Same problem here on both my MacBook Pro (late '09 17" unibody) and my 27" i7 iMac with Magic Trackpad. Very annoying, to say the least.

7. Gregorio

Gregorio Bit poster

I've installed the latest build 6.0.11822, and I'm still having this problem

8. Metrowest

Metrowest Junior Member

I can also confirm the problem still exists in 6.0.11822.

9. YuriyM

YuriyM Member

Hi all,

the scrolling issue was fixed recently and will be available in the upcoming update. Until then you can use Coherence mode since it doesn't have such problems.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

10. StephenA

StephenA Member

Thanks for the update YuriyM, glad to hear the fix is on its way, can't wait!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  11. StephenA

StephenA Member

What is the timeframe for this fix please? e.g. do I downgrade to P5 now, or will it be out in a few days and therefore not worth me downgrading?

12. StephenA

StephenA Member

ok, no reply. I'm going to downgrade and ask for my upgrade money back. Thanks but no thanks P6.

13. YuriyM

YuriyM Member

14. StephenA

StephenA Member

Thanks, but no where in those release notes does it mention it fixes the mouse issue?

Update: found it. Scrolling regression item. Will test it later. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  15. YuriyM

YuriyM Member

See "Sound, Keyboard, Mouse and Network Devices" section

16. StephenA

StephenA Member

Excellent, just updated and scrolling is fixed. Thank you :)

17. YuriyM

YuriyM Member

You are welcome =)

18. Tony Linde

Tony Linde Member

Same here. Good job.

19. pmbooks1

pmbooks1 Member

I can't get it to work, and have the latest build of P6. Can move cursor, directional keys, enter/return, keyboard, but no trackpad clicks. Very frustrating and see no answers yet.

20. pmbooks1

pmbooks1 Member

Does anyone know how to get a ticket bumped up to a higher level teck support?