Parallels mobile and parallels 5 support?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Laaf2005, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Laaf2005

Laaf2005 Bit poster

Parallels 5 used to be supported by the parallels mobile app, anyone know why it was removed? I can no longer use the app now because it doesn't have the option to manually input my macs ip address and there is no login option in parallels 5 desktop. My setup hasn't changed but after updating the app it doesn't work. Wasn't this a feature listed in parallels 5?

2. JTubb

JTubb Bit poster

Parallels Mobile not working after updates

I have the issue with Parallels mobile not working in Parallels desktop 5.

When I first try to enable the 'allow connections from iphone' option I get the error
    "Unable to start the iPhone service.

An error occurred while starting the iPhone service. Try to restart your Mac. If the problem persists, reinstall Parallels Desktop or contact the Parallels support team for assistance."

I've restarted my Mac, tried running as su/root, re-installed parallels, updated parallels, and ensured my software was registered. No change.

If I uncheck either the 'allow connections form iphone' or the 'send list of your mac's accounts to parallel mobile', I get the following error.

"Your changes cannot be saved due to an improper user session initialization.
    The user session was established incorrectly. Try to establish a new session or contact the Parallels support team for assistance."

3. JTubb

JTubb Bit poster

!..Parallels Mobile doesn't work after update..!

!..I have the issue with Parallels mobile not working in Parallels desktop 5.

When I first try to enable the 'allow connections from iphone' option I get the error
    "Unable to start the iPhone service.

An error occurred while starting the iPhone service. Try to restart your Mac. If the problem persists, reinstall Parallels Desktop or contact the Parallels support team for assistance."

I've restarted my Mac, tried running as su/root, re-installed parallels, updated parallels, and ensured my software was registered. No change.

If I uncheck either the 'allow connections form iphone' or the 'send list of your mac's accounts to parallel mobile', I get the following error.

"Your changes cannot be saved due to an improper user session initialization.
    The user session was established incorrectly. Try to establish a new session or contact the Parallels support team for assistance."

4. biglar

biglar Pro