success with blueberry 7280

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by vico, Aug 10, 2006.

1. vico

vico Bit poster

Hello,

Anyone has succesfully synchonized a blueberry 7280 handheld with the new beta?. I had not been able to. It still shows the message that says:

USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually.

i do that, and the message appears again, always...

saludos.

vico

2. serialio

serialio Bit poster

blueberry?

Well, I got the BlackBerrry to work connected via USB. I had to install an older version of BB desktop manager to see it though. Set the USB in Parallels to auto-connect. Good luck.

3. vico

vico Bit poster

Black...

Hello,

i keep calling it blue, because my friends device is black in color...Could you tell me which version of the BB software you installed to make it work, please...

Saludos.

Vico

4. serialio

serialio Bit poster

You need to have running the same version Desktop Manager software as is on the BlackBerry device. If the BlackBerry is running 4.0 OS software, you will need to install Desktop Manager 4.0
    If the BlackBerry is running 41. OS software, you will need to install Desktop Manager 4.1 etc.

5. serialio

serialio Bit poster

If you keep receiving that error from Parallels, make sure there are no application running on Windows that would tie up a port, such as Microsoft ActiveSync, HotSync, etc. I am currently experiencing this problem with an 8700, and am researching it... will post reply if solved.

6. ad2001

ad2001 Bit poster

I didn't have any success with my BlackBerry Pearl neither no matter if I set the USB to be auto connect or not ... when I plug my blackberry with Parallels already in XP, Parallel will basically freeze and I have to force quit it. Anyone has any work around?

7. engyew

engyew Member

I also have a Blackberry 8700 from T-Mobile. I am using the latest version Desktop Manager 4.1.1.12 and OS 4.1.0.346.

I find the new Beta 3150 is more flaky that the prior versions. The Desktop Manager can connect to the Blackberry when I plug it in. But it loses its connection when I try to perform a backup. The 8700 returns to a disconnected state - you can use it to read email etc. But XP Blackberry Device Manager will still say its connected.

Flaky.

8. serialio

serialio Bit poster

Solution

Search the threads for this thread title:

Possibly a clean solution for "USB device in use" problem

It worked for me, now I don't receive the "5-10 seconds error when I plug in the 8700"