Parallels Install Tools greyed out Build 3150

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by nixstor, Feb 1, 2007.

1. nixstor

nixstor Bit poster

1) I just installed a solaris VM on my macbook and the Install tools option is greyed out. I am using a trial key. Is it only available if I buy it on cd.

2) From Help pages, I see the below

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Network Adapters and Drivers

Parallels Tools provide the following adapters:

Parallels Network Adapter. This Ethernet driver for the RTL8029 adapter is specially developed for Parallels Desktop to improve network performance. We recommend that you install this driver whenever possible.
    RTL8029. TCD with Parallels Tools includes native Realtek (all except for Solaris driver) drivers for the RTL8029 network adapter for many different operating systems. They are located in the Drivers\Network\RTL8029 folder of the vmtools.iso CD image.
    Some guest operating systems such as Windows 2000, provide an RTL8029 driver, whereas others like Windows 2003 and OS/2 do not include this driver at all.

Note. Unlike other guest OSes, a Solaris guest OS requires an RTL8029-compatible driver to support networking. Otherwise, networking will not be possible.

An RTL8029-compatible driver for Solaris has been created by an independent developer and is distributed under the terms of BSD license. A slightly modified version of this driver is included into the Parallels Desktop Tools.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

How ever, the mac book I have does show that I have a Marvell Yukon Gig E card.

IOModel" = "Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053"
    | | | | "IOFeatures" = 2
    | | | | "WaitForLinkUp" = 6000
    | | | | "Model" = "Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053"

I got the Solaris driver from the manufacturer's web site.

Am I missing some thing here?

2. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

Did you send your question to Parallels Support Team?
    I think you should do it, they will solve your problem.

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

Parallels tools is for windows only. As defualt, Parallels emulates an RTL compatable device. The guest OS shouldnt care what card you physically have in your machine, it only cares what Parallels emulates. There is no Parallels tools for solaris.

4. nixstor

nixstor Bit poster

If you read the snip of the help page below, it tells me that the emulating driver is in parallels tools.

5. nixstor

nixstor Bit poster

No, I haven't. What is the best way to contact them? Are you in parallels team?

Thanks

6. bluloo

bluloo Member