Battery Driver XP?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Andy Burgess, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Andy Burgess

Andy Burgess Bit poster

Hi,

I've recently installed a new Windows XP on my MacBook Pro 13 under Parallels 5. I had a bit of trouble installing the Parallels Tools, so killed that app and managed to get Windows to work successfully.

However, Windows keeps telling me there's new hardware found - Battery - and asks me to put in a manufacturer driver. I cannot seem to locate a driver for this. It won't find one on my Windows disc. I've tried copying c:\windows\system32\drivers\battc.sys and cmbatt.sys to the same folder on my XP on Parallels XP virtual machine, but I still get the error.

If I turn off "show battery in virtual machine" in Parallels, the error goes away, but I'd like to see the battery indicator on Windows.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
    Andy Burgess

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Maybe you need to get Parallels Tools properly installed?

3. Andy Burgess

Andy Burgess Bit poster

Tried that - no joy.

Hi thanks for your reply.

I completely uninstalled Parallels Tools, and reinstalled it. My "Screen Corner" is now working properly (it wasn't before I reinstalled Parallels Tools), but it still asks for the battery!

I'll have to turn it off for the mo in Parallels, until I can get a solution.

Cheers
    Andy

4. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Bit poster

Andy, look for a file called "batt.dll" and put it in the system32 folder. Use Google if you're unable to find it.

5. Andy Burgess

Andy Burgess Bit poster

Thanks - that fixed it!

Thanks Slartibartfast,

That fixed it! Hoorah!

Copying the battc.sys, cmbatt.sys and batt.dll to windows\system32 sorted my problem. I wouldn't have been able to have done so if you hadn't told me about batt.dll. Thanks very much!

Cheers
    Andy