Just upgraded to the latest Parallels 6 build now getting errors

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Jean-LucC, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Jean-LucC

Jean-LucC Bit poster

Hello,

I just upgraded to Parallels 6 build 11826.611899, and now I'm getting a few errors.

When I start up, I'm getting the following errors:

"Windows cannot access \\psf\Home\Desktop"

and

"Error loading C:\Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\ShellExtentions\SharedHostAppsSHExt.dll"

"C:\Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\ShellExtentions\SharedHostAppsSHExt.dll is not a valid Win32 application."

When I ignore them and run a program, it asks me for a user name and password to "Connect to psf". I can't seem to find any of my shared files. I know the psf is the way Parallels shares files between the Mac and PC. I tried to reinstall the update, but no change.

Thanks,

JL

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. Jean-LucC

Jean-LucC Bit poster

I am also getting the following error message when I shut windows down now:

Windows - Bad Image

Exception Processing Message 0xc000007b Parameters 0x753A91B00x753A91B0 0x753A91B0 0x753A91B0

Thanks,

JL

3. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

The same for me :-(

Please help!

4. Jean-LucC

Jean-LucC Bit poster

I submitted a trouble ticket, I'll post what they say.

5. jasdelta

jasdelta Bit poster

Errors Since new build install

I am also having problems, although not error messages. When my Guest OS is now up and running in PD6 I can NOT check my e-mail using "Mail" on my Mac. I have always been able to do this in PD6 prior to updating to the new build.

Any ideas on what is now causing this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

It look like uninstalling PD6 and removing all the file from parallels in ~/lib/pref and ~/lib/parallels and /lib/app support or so. After that i reïnstalled PD6 and W7 runs very well now!

7. jasdelta

jasdelta Bit poster

Ok, if I do a complete uninstall and reinstall does my Guest OS remain intact in its folder and will be accessible once PD6 is reinstalled?

8. Jean-LucC

Jean-LucC Bit poster

What about all of programs and MS Vista? Do I have to reinstall all of my programs and vista?

9. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

Yes it is! :)

10. jasdelta

jasdelta Bit poster

WimDS

Could you provide a brief description of the steps you took to uninstall/reinstall PD6 and reaccessing your WIN7?

11. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

@Jasdelta: this is what i've wrote:
    "It look like uninstalling PD6 and removing all the file from parallels in ~/lib/pref and ~/lib/parallels and /lib/app support or so. After that i reïnstalled PD6 and W7 runs very well now!"

This did the job for me. First of all run the uninstaller on the .dpg from parallels and then do the things i've wrote.

Succes :)

12. Jean-LucC

Jean-LucC Bit poster

This did not work for me, I uninstalled, and looked for anything that had to do with Parallels and deleted them, but still no go.

13. Jean-LucC

Jean-LucC Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  14. Jean-LucC

Jean-LucC Bit poster

Well, I fixed all of my issues... kind of... I uninstalled the latest update (Parallels 6 build 11826.611899) and reinstalled the last build before the update (Parallels 6 build 11822.604190) (I keep a copy of all older builds just in case)... I hope the next update will be better. I let the support team know that the older update worked and that there is something wrong with the latest update. If anyone needs the older update, let me know, I'm sure I can get it to you.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  15. vasilyz

vasilyz Parallels Developers

Guys, please try to reinstall Parallels Tools:
    First uninstall them using "Add/Remove Programs" Control Panel applet, and then install by choosing Virtual Machine->Install Parallels Tools menu item.

16. mukundan

mukundan Bit poster

Iam getting the same error starting windows 7. when trying to uninstall parallels tools, i get the following error
    error 1324:The path c:\windows\ contains an invalid character
    plese help