Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3150 RC2 is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Hi Greg,
    You should go to Finder, folder Documents->Parallels->Your VM Name and double click on PVS file. This will load your VM into PD and add it to VM catalog.

2. Andrew @ Parallels

It is known issue with latest logitech drivers from their site. It should work with older drivers which is on in package CD.

3. Andrew @ Parallels

No - it just doesn't restart virtual machine. You should do it manually by pressing restart button on toolbar.

4. j-active

j-active Member

It could just be my imagination, but I have to say this version feels FAST. Very fast. I don't recall the last build # I was using, but this feels much snappier and more closely tied to the underlying hardware. I'm really getting some work done now in Parallels. Thanks for the continued improvements.

5. kat

kat Product Expert

Used the down load created my vm :)(32000 mb ) Installed the os :) ( used windows 2000 pro) just need a windows operating system to run another program ....cannot load the program I want keep getting a error message.:confused: Did send the error report . I have a Macbook . Any suggestions would be helpful.

6. BillInSoBe

BillInSoBe Member

Windows isn't a very efficient Operating System when it comes to writing files on your disk. It just kinda writes stuff wherever it likes. Disk maintenance is generally required from time to time.

You may want to use the integrated tools (provided in Window XP) to analyze and defragment your drive. After you defrag you can run the disk checker. This will normally requires a reboot because it can't run while Windows is in use.

Tools can be found by opening My Computer.
    Right click on the drive you want to check.
    Select Properties.
    Then select the TOOLS tab.

7. markintosh13

markintosh13 Member

Think I've resolved it - it was windows.

Changed a few things in the network settings - turned off "register this computer in DNS", etc and I've held the same IP for the last 8 hours.

8. mwills53

mwills53 Bit poster

Same problem here, MacBook Pro 2GB RAM, painful pauses when closing windows within Parallels 3150. No Boot Camp partition. Same situation when exiting Windows XP.

9. markintosh13

markintosh13 Member

No probs with that here - launched and exited several command windows, IE, etc. Some drive activity, no major pause, no beachball.

MBP 2.33 C2D, 2GB RAM, 32GB FAT Bootcamp, Para 3150, autoadjust virtual memory in prefs, no live screenshot dock.

10. markintosh13

markintosh13 Member

Went to Devices, USB, captured the "Built-in iSight" - Windows detected new hardware. In XP's control panel for Scanners and Cameras, the Apple iSight showed up, the wizard previewed fine with it. In MSN, the tuning wizard found the camera, previews fine with it.

Cool, thanks Parallels, that's one thing off the list.

Now about the graphic accelleration for DirectX support...

:D

11. phazer

phazer Hunter

MBP Core Duo 1.83gHz, 2gb RAM, Windows XP on Bootcamp, installed new Parallels tools:

I lost my right toolbar in the os window, in coherence mode, CMD+Tabbing to parallels does not bring it to the front... in fact... nothing shows up in coherence... No toolbar (though I have it set to show), no apps I have open, nothing...

Bluetooth mouse not working in parallels...

fn+F9 does not bring parallels into view with the other open windows on OS X...

After going to OS window to Coherence and then back to OS Window, I got my right toolbar and mouse back...

fn+F9 works in OS Window view, but not in coherence... and it used to. Yea, basically Coherence does not work for me anymore...

Computer runs really slow with parallels on...Didn't change anything except the 3150 install...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  12. rinconj

rinconj Member

I have a Vista Business VM running on 3150 with Parallels tools also updated and I followed everything you said but vista doesn't allow the drivers to be registered at the last step of the installation and it failed with an error:

""ERROR: -1603 FATAL ERROR DURING INSTALLATION". Consult Windows Installer Help (MSI.CHM) or MSDN for more information"

The vista business VM is a full installation copy, not an upgrade from win XP.
    It only has one vista update installed ( KB930857).

The machine is a core duo MacBook 2.0GHz.

After that failure, I did a
    "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe" /A /v
    through Run on vista and it put all the bootcamp's drivers in a directory. So I thought I might be able to install the driver through vista's device manager. It allows me to install, but video window is pitch black in windows live messenger's "audio and video setup". even though iSight's LED does turn on when I choose "Built-in iSight" during step 3, "Webcam setup".

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  13. mhewlett

mhewlett Bit poster

Garmin GPSmap 60CS Now Works!

Thanks, Parallel Team! I installed the 3150 Mac build and now my Garmin GPSmap 60CS not only is recognized by the virtual machine, but is also found by Map Source!

I was a happy camper before, but now I'm a happy trekker also!

Marty Hewlett:)

14. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

Apple doesn't support Vista on a bootcamp partition.. so how are Parallels supposed to ?

15. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

But Vista does work perfectly in BootCamp.

16. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

a quick google for isight bootcamp vista, sheds some light on this. It appears that although you can get the driver installed, the drivers for XP dont work under vista, so you will have to wait for new drivers from Apple.

17. billearl

billearl Member

Okay, assuming you mean the reset button, I get it. Thanks. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point.

No problems with Win XP which I mainly use, but I like to keep Win 98 around for certain older apps.

18. jbcaro

jbcaro Member

Ok, came upon a strange issue today. I needed to do some work in Boot Camp. After rebooting back to OSX and then trying to run Parallels, it would not run. Got stuck at the "Booting from Hard Drive..." cmd prompt.

After checking some things I found that upon reboot, the drive BSD name was now different than what I had entered into the .pvs file. I edited the .pvs file since XP is on my PATA drive in the 2nd optical bay.

Anyway, I had originally set the .pvs file so that Disk 0:0 image = disk2s1

After reboot, the PATA drive BSD name was now disk1s1.

After another reoot it is now disk0s1.

I have to edit the .pvs file everytime I reboot the Mac. Is this normal? Is this the way things are when using a PATA drive for XP? I'm confused here.

Also, is the "Parallels Tools Initiallizing" dialog supposed to come up every time the XP VM is started? It doesn't seem to come up every time but I have not seen any ill effects when it doesn't.

thanks, john

19. nategold

nategold Member

Build 3150 continues to have a problem that started, I believe, with build 3120. I have disabled safe sleep with the following:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

and it used to take a few seconds to sleep. Now it takes 30-60 seconds on my MacBook Pro (Core Duo, the original) running 10.4.8, 2G memory. This is really annoying when you want to close the lid and go. If I take the Parallels folder out of the /LibraryStartupItems folder and reboot, then sleep is back to normal and fast.

20. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Unexpected shutdown-3150

I was using Yahoo! messenger 8.1. Right in the middle of talking to my friend I decided to quit my isight cam, right then build 3150 just unexpectedly shutdown. Followed by usual OS X dialog box. The Parallels application unexpectedly quit but it did not harm OS X. Do you re-launch, close, quit that application?