No Sound Input ?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Uezi, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Uezi

Uezi Member

Hi,

I just got iSight working but unfortunately I don't have the internal microphone (I'm quite sure long long time ago there was a parallels build which had this working).

The only way to get my voice into wndows is using a seperate microphone (but because my MacBook Pro has only a line-in) it sounds very weak (besides looking like singing Karaoke in the messenger...)

Any Idea ? Hints ?

Thanks & best regards,
    Uezi

2. tkjazzer

tkjazzer Member

I also need to figure out how to get my volume input to go in to windows xp and not record from my mic when I do SnagIt8.2 from windows. No matter what input settings I use on my windows control panel, I can't get it to change from the built in mic on my macbook pro????

3. Uezi

Uezi Member

Looks like the exact opposite of my problem.
    What Mac (exactly) do you have ?
    I've got a MacBook Pro 2GHz Core Duo (1st Gen.)

4. tkjazzer

tkjazzer Member

I have core 2 duo intel based macbook pro os 10.4

5. tkjazzer

tkjazzer Member

Ok, so I adjust my control panel settings in windows to record the input from "Stereo Mix"

this is audio tab, then sound recording box "volume"

So windows should be recording what it hears. Unfortunately, I'm picking up the recording from my macbook pro internal mic which I'm guessing is still active on the Mac side.

6. tkjazzer

tkjazzer Member

how to get my mic active in windows?

7. unused_user_name

unused_user_name Pro

You select the Mic as the input on the Mac side before launching Parallels.

Parallels uses whatever input the Mac is set to use...

8. Uezi

Uezi Member

Unused_user_name !

Your a hero !
    Because of my last music project, I had set it to record from an external source.
    Switched it back to Mic...
    Got it working now ...

Thanks !
    Uezi !

9. rickbsgu

rickbsgu Member

Ho, ho!

Ditto, here - I'm trying to use a bluetooth headset w/ VOIP software. Couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any volume. Set the sound device on the Mac, rebooted XP, and, voila! The sound is much better.

Would be nice, of course, if Parallels could see the sound device change and adapt to on the fly. Later versions, I guess.

rickb

10. tkjazzer

tkjazzer Member

ok, can I somehow set the equivalent to "stereo mix" input like windows can on mhy mac?

11. jchiar

jchiar Bit poster

No sound recording. I have it set the vm sound recording set to default(versus null).
    In windows in the sound recording i have it set to Mic, (box checked).
    Still no audio record. the audio test fails. any ideas?

RC2 - intel core 2 duo. os x 10.4.9.

12. jchiar

jchiar Bit poster

can anyone record audio ?

Can anyone record audio with the internal mic in "sound recorder? with RC2?

13. Uezi

Uezi Member

I can record in "sound recorder". Did you set the Mac OS X's side ? Go to "System Preference" -> "Sound" -> "Input" and select the source you want to record from (e.g. "Internal Microphone").

What Mac are you using ? Otherwise it could be your System. I see you're using 10.4.9...

14. tkjazzer

tkjazzer Member

15. jchiar

jchiar Bit poster

well its working for me now. not sure what it was. a couple of reboots after some ms updates happened...

16. acorcutt

acorcutt Bit poster

Could this be related?

Hi, is this problem related to this: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=691546&start=0&tstart=0

I had mic inputs working fine, but this week they have stopped working (through both osx & xp) - the only software I have installed in this time is parallels (RC2).

I've contacted applecare and we've tried all the usual stuff apart from a clean osx install - which I plan to do later this week. If that don't work they have told me to take it in for repair.

Is it even possible that parallels could have disabled the mic in osx also - anyone else seeing this?

Ant

Macbook / core 2 duo / osx 10.4.8