UK license key and build 3150 RC2?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by RobH, Feb 2, 2007.

1. RobH

RobH Bit poster

Hi

I need to use a demo license key in order to use the latest build because my existing UK license won't work with it.

My question is, if I get a 30 day demo key, will it last long enough until a build is released that will let me re-use my UK key? Or, if necessary, could I keep getting fresh demo keys for fresh builds until version 2.0 final is out?

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

You will be able to request one more trial key for beta testing until final GA. Then you'll be provided with GA UK build which will be compatible with your permanent key.

3. RobH

RobH Bit poster

OK, thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify: I can get a demo key now, and then one more after that, but if the UK GA is not released in time I might be stuck because I won't have a working key? I need to be cautious because Parallels is so useful.

4. bcutts

bcutts Bit poster

I had the same problem, even if you are a registered user, the trial key you get is only for 30 days and if you request another once it has run out, you just get the same 'expired' key. I am getting around it by setting up a new user account for each new trial key required. Messy but it works.