Mouse sensitivity in games in WinXP SP3 using Parallels 5

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KJMarket, Nov 2, 2010.

1. KJMarket

KJMarket Bit poster

I have a Macbook with OS X Leapord and use Parallels 5 and have a VM with WinXP SP3. I have an issue with mouse sensitivity in XP when playing games. It's as if the sensitivity is set way too high and I cant rotate a camera in games because it just rapidly spins. Mouse settings in both Mac and Windows do not help the problem. Any help?

2. deeprave

deeprave Bit poster

Attach an additional USB mouse then attach this directly to the VM.

This solved that issue for me. Coherence mode is then disabled and you get two mouse cursors when the VM isn't focused, but that was no biggy for me, but at least the mouse was fully controllable via the usual windows settings since OSX and Parallels were no longer involved.

I agree that its an issue that should be addressed. Apparently the virtual mouse driver completely ignores mouse settings in windows.

3. KJMarket

KJMarket Bit poster

That worked for me too, thanks! Only problem now is I cant see the mouse move using the USB mouse in Windows.

Update. I tried manually searching the net or new drivers and it finds some, and these drivers let the mouse be visible, but I cant play games period so I had to roll back the drivers. It caused severe flicker and distortion of graphics. Wish there was some solution to this.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  4. NickOreskovich10

NickOreskovich10 Bit poster

Hey guys,
    I am also having the exact same problem with this but I am using Parallels 6. Whenever I try to play a game, my Windows "look" capabilities take a drive and begin spinning out of control.
    Deeprave, are you saying that I should just get another mouse (I currently have a "Kensington" wireless mouse), and then use both in order to override the Coherence mode?
    It's just so annoying because this problem does not occur with Bootcamp! Guess the problem they had with Parallels 5 didn't get fixed in Parallels 6 afterall haha.
    Thanks for your help!

Nick

5. NickOreskovich10

NickOreskovich10 Bit poster

Hey guys,
    Got good news and I fixed the problem without using another mouse. Here's what I've got (it's from another forum from a guy named Henry and yes it works like a charm):

Just follow these steps

Step 1:
    Download Unlocker at http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/#download

Step 2:
    Install Unlocker

Step 3:
    Go Program Files/Parallels/Parallels Tools

Step 4:
    Right Click prl_wmouse_watcher.dll
    Click Unlocker
    Unlock Process

Step 5:
    Delete prl_wmouse_watcher.dll

Once delete, game will be smooth

Don't worry, the website is safe. Any questions, let me know.

Hope it works,

Nick

6. KJMarket

KJMarket Bit poster

I tried that before and it did nothing for my problem.