Freespire and Build 3150

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Parallels User, Feb 3, 2007.

1. I have installed a Freespire 1.0.13 VM in the current beta release build 3150. Although it will boot shortly after log-in the VM (or Freespire) crashes and Parallels quits. I have reported it along with relevant logs, but was wondering if anyone has had success with it and might give me a hint on how to get it running successfully.

I have allocated 640 MBs to the VM and a 32 GB drive image. Computer is a Mac Pro w/2 GBs RAM running 10.4.9 beta build (I'm a beta tester.)

Thank you for any assistance.

2. Hagbard

Hagbard Member

I haven't checked this in 3150, but I'd recommend you change to 512 mb of memory in the virtual machine. Many linux distros have problems in parallels if more RAM than that is assigned to the VM.

3. I had tried with 512 MBs with the same problem and then increased it to see if it simply needed more RAM to run.

I know Freespire is not on Parallels' list of supported Linuxes, but one of the users here posted a torrent for a pre-set installation (which I have not tried because the download speed was too slow.)