Palm HotSync CAN work via USB in 3036

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by kperry7505, Dec 21, 2006.

1. kperry7505

kperry7505 Member

My setup:
    1) Missing Sync (which I set so the Mac side won't try to take over a Palm HotSync session I'm trying to establish with Parallels Desktop (PD).
    2) I set the USB in PD to NOT autoconnect.

Steps to sync with PD:
    1) Open PD
    2) Open the Mac Terminal
    3) In the Terminal type: sudo kextunload -b com.parallels.kext.ConnectUSB
    4) Start your Palm HotSync in Windows.

I discovered this in another thread on this forum.

2. TinyApps.Org

TinyApps.Org Bit poster

Thank you!!!

Thank you, kperry7505! This is just what I've been looking for. I can finally sync my Palm Treo 600 with Windows XP SP2 via Parallels 3036.

3. kperry7505

kperry7505 Member

TinyApps.Org,
    Note the process I described does not work in Beta 2 nor Beta 3.

4. jonsun

jonsun Junior Member

Re-Install 3036

Do I have to uninstall 3106 version and start all over to get to 3036, or can I reinstall on top of what I have now and get Palm Synch to work?

5. kperry7505

kperry7505 Member

Palm HotSync does not work at all in 3106, no matter what I've tried. Parallels tech support says it's a known problem they are working on.

6. TinyApps.Org

TinyApps.Org Bit poster

Any experience with Palm and 3150?

kperry7505 - Have you tried syncing with the new 3150? Everything I need is working well under 3036, so I am rather reluctant to rock the boat.

7. kperry7505

kperry7505 Member

TinyApps.Org,
    Palm HotSync works fine in 3150 with Parallels Desktop USB autoconnect enabled. It works every time whether the VM is the active application or not. HotSync does not work with the USB autoconnect not enabled. There is a hack mentioned on the furum which will allow a successful HotSync session with the autoconnect not enabled, but the hack essenially makes HotSync an autoconnect action.

My preferred setup would be to not enable autoconnect so that I could sync with Windows or Mac by simply selecting the Palm in the VM's USB menu or not.

8. TinyApps.Org

TinyApps.Org Bit poster

Thanks, kperry7505! It may be time to upgrade... I'm hoping that Transporter will also work for my old Thinkpad and a couple of VMWare images. Many thanks!

9. Resuna

Resuna Member

Aha! I normally have USB autoconnect disabled.

I'd like to repeat the earlier question someone else had: can you gracefuly regress from the latest beta?

10. VTSkier

VTSkier Junior Member

Any way to make this work in a VISTA VM?

I keep getting a message that Vista failed to find/load drivers for the pal.

My Palm syncs just fine in a regular vista (PC) installation.

Thanks