Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3120 RC1 is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Jan 10, 2007.

1. gholland04

gholland04 Bit poster

RC1 Memory Leak

I am noticing memory leaks with RC1. Especially in Coherence mode. It is getting to the point of slowing down my machine Mac/PC side to were I have to reboot just to be able to run the machine. I've had several of the "black Mac" screens requiring me to shutdown.

Is there anything being done about this? Is it being address in the next Release? Is there a time-table for the next release?

Thanks,

2. ooglek

ooglek Bit poster

3120: Cannot Install Windows XP Pro from circa 2000 CD

I too am unable to install XP from CD in 3120, though I have running and working installs from 1970. Here's what happens.
    • The CD is recognized and starts booting.
    • The system installs everything, then reboots into the "more pretty" stage.
    • A few times, things hung at "Installing Devices" with the progress bar stopping just under the "D" in Devices.
    • Other times it got past that portion, but either hung, stopped the VM, or claimed the system was recovering (I had walked away) but never recovered after several hours.

As of today, I cannot install Windows XP from a CD I got, from probably one of the first Windows XP Pro manufactured back in 2000. I haven't tried burning an ISO and booting from there, I will try that next. Clearly though, I'm not the only one with this problem. I had no problem hitting F8 or using the automated install feature of 3120.

Can anyone comment?

3. jeffadams

jeffadams Bit poster

4. bcr914

bcr914 Bit poster

Help -- 3036 to 3120 Issues

I posted the attached on 1/29 -- no response from Parallels (either through this forum nor through their normal support). Can anyone help??? :(
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tim -- I've sent feedbak on issues with 3120 (to beta@parallels.com) ... and sent feedback to your normal support site. No response (and, hope you are not becoming bureacratic). Net, net ... I upgraded from Beta 3036 to 3120. Window reszising and Coherenc stopped working. I dropped back to 3036. Any idea why?? (I have MacBook Pro, dual 2 core, 2 g RAM) ... VM is WIndows XP Professional)

But, I did like the fast suspend / unsuspend on 3120

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

have you now tried 3150 ?

3120 issues may be fixed in that.

6. bcr914

bcr914 Bit poster

Black Screen ... can't upgrade to 3120 or 3150

OK ... let's try again ... and, could someone (if not Parallels) please respond??

I have a MacBook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2g RAM

1970 Ran Successfully. No problem in upgrading to beta 3036

No luck in upgrading to either 3120 or 3150 from either 1970 or 3036. Problem is that WINDOWS SCREEN IS BLACK (i.e. I think Windows is properly loaded, but screen is black and can't really tell).

Do I have some setting wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

7. Atomic_Fusion

Atomic_Fusion Hunter

Can you get into Safe Mode?