iSight works .. Microphone doesn't ?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by retrospek, Feb 3, 2007.

1. retrospek

retrospek Junior Member

Hi all,

Just installed the latest build and am very pleased with the results so far...

The only problem I'm having is that my iSight is now working under Windows XP but the built in iSight microphone isn't ..

Anyone else having this problem ?

Thanks, Mark

2. Uezi

Uezi Member

Yup, have that problem too...
    I can have voice when connecting a microphone to the line-in (but it sounds very weak).

Would be interested in a general solution too...

3. jkneen

jkneen Member

Annoying. Mine worked fine so it's annoying yours doesn't. I extracted the iSight drivers from the bootcamp app and ran this in XP. After it created the iSight folder under program files I cancelled just after I copied the iSight folder to my desktop. When iSight was detected I got a load of prompts to install my XP disk. i didn't have it so downloaded the iso from my msdn account and spent the next 10 minutes ok'ing and selecting the CD drive.

Finally I selected the iSight driver and it all worked. microphone is fine and I even made a skype test call with it.

4. Uezi

Uezi Member

Which version of bootcamp did you use ? 1.1 or 1.2 (1.2 is the current version from apple but it doesn't have an "iSight only" option...)

5. daveef

daveef Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  6. retrospek

retrospek Junior Member

I really hope Parallels can fix this problem.

When I load Windows XP through Bootcamp then I get the iSight Video and Microphone working great.

But when I load the same Windows XP on Bootcamp through Parallels I get Video but NO Microphone.

This is all using the latest Apple Bootcamp iSight drivers..

Please Parallels can you advise what the problem could be ? as I really hoped this release would allow me to use MSN Video and Microphone through XP..

I'm using the 24" iMac if that helps.

7. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

sill question.. but have you guys been into Start > Accessories > Volume Control and made sure that on the Playback properties, the microphone isnt Muted and in File > Properties > Recording tha the mic is selected and the volume level is raised up ?