STOP: 0x0000007B using Transporter

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by andar_b, Dec 12, 2010.

1. andar_b

andar_b Bit poster

I recently downloaded the trial of Parallels for my new 2010 iMac, and really wanted to use Transporter on my PC. I downloaded the Transporter Agent and ran it on the PC (Windows 7) and it ran through everything and said "Successfully Completed" on the Mac.

But the VM didn't show up in the list on Parallels. When I found the file in the Documents/Parallels folder, it didn't work either. I opened the package and there were only two drive images in there. They seemed to correspond to the two drives in my PC, and they mounted just fine.

I made a custom VM with those two drives, and Windows booted the first time, and installed drivers, but the second boot it went BSOD and I couldn't make it right.

I ran through the whole process again, assuming I had missed an error message. So, after Transporter made a second copy of all my files (It really should check for duplicates before making a (2) copy of everything) it again completed successfully. I checked the log and it only said it could not open my Desktop/Downloads folder on the PC, no other entries. But once again, the VM only contained the drives, no config information like a 'real' VM. This time I couldn't get it to work at all, unlike the first time.

So my question is: Why it it 'completing successfully' but not making a proper VM? Is there a way around the BSOD?

EDIT:
    Actually, the second time I had made the mistake of creating a second VM with the first set of drives. I made a new VM with the real second set, and it booted into windows the first try. I installed Parallels Tools, and after restart I got BSOD again, same stop code. My old computer still runs fine, so I can at least access my config from there, but it's irritating to have to re-install everything when I shouldn't have to.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  2. andar_b

andar_b Bit poster

I don't know if it could be something to do with the drives, because when I mount those drives in my working bootcamp install, with the original bootcamp drive as first boot device, the VM still BSODs. Please, any suggestions would be welcome, I'd hate to completely rebuild my windows installation.

3. andar_b

andar_b Bit poster

Well, I did keep fiddling with it, and I may have found the problem, in my case. Maybe it will help someone else.

I remembered that at least one of my drives was IDE, and that had been a problem with booting in the past. So, I switched the drives to be virtual IDE instead of SATA, and everything started working. They work when mounted to the bootcamp VM, they work when they're mounted in their own VM. I'm running my old PC on my Mac and I'm hoping I can scrounge up the cash (after paying $1500 for my new mac) to get Parallels soon.